Jim Joseph Foundation


: Religion


The Shimon Ben Joseph Foundation, commonly known as the Jim Joseph Foundation, is devoted exclusively to supporting the education of Jewish youth. About 60 percent of the awards focus on teens and young adults, ages 13 to 23, located in the greater metropolitan areas of San Francisco, Boston, Los Angeles, and Washington D.C. where the Foundation’s six directors reside. The remaining 40 percent is focused on initiatives that are focused on the education of young Jews; present opportunities for partnering with other like-minded funders; and enable the Foundation to leverage its assets and influence. These grants can be made anywhere in the United States. The Foundation values strong support for excellence in the education of Jewish children and youth in the United States throughout critical stages of their development. It also values highly qualified Jewish educators, building upon the strength of existing programs of education, encouraging innovative approaches to Jewish learning, and supporting efforts that develop professional, volunteer, and youth leadership. The Foundation does not fund directly in Israel or any place outside of the United States, unless the organization has a U.S. 501(c)3 status and its program benefits U.S. Jewish youth or educators. Grants are awarded by invitation only, but the Foundation does accept brief, introductory letters of inquiry. Additional information can be found on the Web site.

Contact Information

Contact information and additional details are available to members of the Society.

Additional Grants

Funding Alert is intended to highlight key grant opportunities for nonprofit leaders with limited time for research. For a more comprehensive database of grants, the Society is also proud to provide all of our members will full access to GrantStation. GrantStation includes a database of over 5,000 current grant opportunities and other resources designed for grant professionals.

Join Now    Login

Fundraising Guide
"Help us raise money!" That's the plea we at the Society for Nonprofits hear most often... Read More
Grant Newsletter

Feedback | Contact Info | More Society

Copyright © 2023 | Society for Nonprofits | All Rights Reserved