YOUTH VOLUNTEER ENROLLMENT COORDINATOR (SPANISH PREFERRED)
BIG BROTHERS BIG SISTERS OF EASTERN MASSACHUSETTS (BBBSEM)
|Children and Youth
Network of Nonprofit Organizations
|Jan 25, 2024
|High School / Equivalent
|Desired / Not Required
At Big Brothers Big Sisters of Eastern Massachusetts (BBBSEM) we believe that every child deserves to have a mentor in their corner and to ignite and defend their potential. That's why we are committed to promoting the healthy development of children through the nurturing of continuing, one-to-one friendships with caring responsible adults, supported by trained professional staff. To accomplish this we partner with schools, workplaces, and volunteers all over Eastern Massachusetts to bring our program and services closest to youth who need them.
As a Program Services Coordinator – Volunteer/Youth Enrollment you will play a unique and essential role in the creation and sustenance of our Big/Little relationships. You will conduct thorough interviews with all interested parties and other key process steps such as reference checks, collateral contacts, review of legal information, writing quality assessments and outlining future support/coaching. Ultimately, you will be responsible with the placement and supporting of prospective volunteers and youth/families.
Candidates will have the option of working remotely some of the time, but will be expected to travel to constituents' homes and sites where our programs are hosted.
- Assess volunteers and families through virtual, in-office, or home visit interview(s). Contact references and collateral persons connected with the interested party and assess skills/needs to determine appropriateness for enrollment in our programs.
- Carefully and thoughtfully prepare each interested party in order to make them ready to participate in our program and coordinate the “matching” process.
- Facilitate the initial placement (“match meeting”) between each volunteer, youth, the youth’s parent/guardian, and our agency support staff.
- Document clearly and in a timely manner all information obtained through the assessment and matching process and maintain accurate records for volunteers and families.
- Advocate for volunteers and youth seeking placement that may not be readily available and maintain regular communication with them to ensure the most up-to-date information when placement options become available.
- Collaborate closely with other service delivery staff to build agency knowledge/awareness and enable the most children to be successfully served.
- Constantly look after the safety of our youth and inform management of any critical youth and family incidents and potential issues that may impact our services.
- Represent Big Brothers Big Sisters of Eastern Massachusetts throughout the communities we serve and in public.
- Participate in different site-wide initiatives to drive engagement in topics of diversity, equity and inclusion
- Be a part of a true team - together with your peers work on projects and events that will drive enhancements and improvements
- Bachelors degree with 6+ months of relevant work experience, Associate's degree or two years of higher education experience with 2+ years of relevant work experience, or High School diploma/GED with 4+ years of relevant work experience
- Ability to travel to sites where our programs are hosted across the Boston area and to constituents' homes as needed
- Availability to work full-time. Hours may include evenings and weekends
- Access to reliable internet and phone connections to perform work remotely
- Familiarity with Office 365 (excel, word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Ability to speak Spanish
- Bachelor’s degree with one or more years of work experience, preferably in youth development, volunteer or program management, and/or education
- Ability to work some nights (until 7-8pm) and on some weekends
- Demonstrated comfort and ability to work with and motivate a wide variety of people, including youth and adults, with a preference for candidates with experience in racially, ethnically, and socio-economically diverse urban and/or recent immigrant communities
- Ability to successfully work independently and in a team environment
- Enthusiasm, creativity, a positive sense of humor, and a “can-do” attitude
- Proven organization and time management skills to complete a high volume of varied responsibilities in a fast-paced setting
- Excellent strategic problem-solving ability with a positive, “can-do” attitude
- Knowledge of Salesforce, Office 365 suite
For More Information, Visit: jobs.lever.co/emassbigs/6b743a82-32a0-4677-acc6-ba1e1404ce6a
|HOW TO APPLY
|To prevent spam, free registration is required in order to view job application information on Nonprofit Careers. If you've already registered, login to view details.
Register/Login View More Jobs