MEDIA & ENGAGEMENT MANAGER
|| All Region - Northeast II (DC DE MD NJ NY PA)
||$75,000/Yr - to - $85,000/Yr
||Nov 06, 2023
||Mid Career (2+ Years Experience)
Position: Media & Engagement Manager (MEM)
Department: Communications & Development
Reporting to: Chief Development & Communications Officer
Location: Maplewood NJ or Remote (must be in the Eastern US time zone)
Salary: $78,000 - $82,000/year
StrongMinds (www.strongminds.org) is a dynamic and fast growing 501(c)(3) social enterprise that treats depression among women of all ages in Africa, where access to mental health treatment is extremely limited. Since its start in 2013, StrongMinds has treated nearly 300,000 women and adolescents with depression in Uganda and Zambia. We are the only organization scaling a solution to depression in Africa with a potential to serve millions in the next ten years and to expand to other geographical regions. StrongMinds has earned an impressive reputation in the global mental health space. In addition to media coverage in the New York Times, Forbes, BBC World Service, and the Stanford Social Innovation Review, we are described by UK organization Founders Pledge as the most cost-effective mental health organization working in the developing world and by Charity Navigator as a highly rated, high-impact charity.
About the role:
The Media & Engagement Manager (MEM) develops and implements all targeted content for various media platforms. The MEM researches, writes, proofreads, and edits all media content, implements, and manages media campaigns, and delivers public relations and communications plans. The MEM manages all visibility opportunities for StrongMinds thought leaders, including supporting conferences, awards, and public speaking engagements as well as crisis communications.
• Identify and cultivate relationships to expand the exposure and authority of StrongMinds’ CEO and Senior Staff at the right public events, with the right audiences.
• Research and vet event and visibility opportunities to ensure a strong ROI, alignment with our core values, organizational strategy, and departmental milestones.
• Develop new StrongMinds connections/ambassadors, new thought leadership opportunities, growing recognition as leaders in the global mental health space at prominent public events.
• Identify and capitalize on key global mental health events and conversations to ensure StrongMinds is active and present.
• Cultivate and coordinate with partner organizations to share our resources with their constituents and networks.
• Significantly grow press placements and media coverage in key outlets including landing international media placements, OpEds, and other strategic media wins.
• Maintain a media contacts list.
• Create new press materials for breaking news opportunities to grow StrongMinds’ visibility.
• Develop annual media and engagement plan. Contribute to the communications strategic plan.
• Identify and form relationships with blogs and other digital outlets to place our messages, resources, and fundraising drives.
• Track and report results of public relations efforts.
• Lead StrongMinds Awards strategy and participation.
• Monitors new opportunities for recognition, application process, and award ceremony coordination.
• Communicate with StrongMinds’ growing network of corporate supporters.
• Manage a policy for brand partnerships and a vetting tool/onboarding process for potential corporate support/collaboration.
• Deliver media trainings as needed to country locations and leadership team.
• Continue to build on and improve media training materials.
• Develop and maintain materials for StrongMinds’ leadership team for speaking engagements such as talking points, PowerPoint decks, and speeches.
• Manage crisis communications and safety plans.
• Develop and maintain internal crisis comms and safety planning documents/protocols.
• Provide critical updates and responsibility workflows to preserve StrongMinds’ brand and reputation in case of a paracrisis scenario to all relevant internal and external stakeholders.
Skills Abilities & Experience Required
• Bachelor’s degree/ Advanced degree preferably in communications, English, Marketing, or a related field.
• 4 to 6 years of experience in nonprofit/NGO/public or mental health communications or a related field.
• Excellent writing and editing skills and familiarity with Associated Press style.
• Experience working in a remote or semi-remote environment.
• Self-motivated and able to work under limited supervision.
• Highly collaborative and able to work with others as part of a multidisciplinary and geographically diverse team.
• Experience respectfully working in multi-cultural settings.
• Excellent attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
• Interest in mental health, international development, and gender equality/empowerment.
StrongMinds Core Values
• We are people focused.
• We think big and act fast.
• We are data driven.
• We do what we say and say what we do.
• We believe in collaboration, not competition.
Location: This position is available from a remote location in the Eastern US time zone or in the Maplewood, NJ office of StrongMinds.
|HOW TO APPLY
|To prevent spam, free registration is required in order to view job application information on Nonprofit Careers. If you've already registered, login to view details.
Register/Login View More Jobs