MIDDLE SCHOOL TEACHER
FRIENDLY HOUSE, INC.
||$50,000/Yr - to - $60,000/Yr
||Sep 11, 2023
||Mid Career (2+ Years Experience)
Middle School Teacher
(6-8 Middle School Education)
Academia del Pueblo Elementary School (ADP) is currently seeking experienced and compassionate elementary school teachers for the 23/24 school year. ADP is looking for teachers with strong content knowledge, who can plan lessons with clear learning objectives that engage and inspire student learning.
Academia del Pueblo (ADP) is a non-profit K-8 public charter school which has operated since 1997, under the auspices of Friendly House, one of Arizona’s pioneer social service organizations since 1920. Friendly House provides a set of fully integrated programs which include: early childhood and elementary education; adult education and workforce development; family services; and neighborhood based services targeting Central/South Phoenix. ADP is unique in that we are in a position to offer wrap-around services for the students and families in our community.
ADP’s mission is to deliver broad-based education, youth development and academic enrichment programs in-school and out-of-school that address specific academic and youth development needs in order to provide students with the foundational academic skills and developmental assets needed to achieve success in high school, college, work and life. The academic enrichment opportunities are intended to help students understand the real-life applications of what they learn in the classroom (in all subject areas) and encourage them to develop their talents and skills in areas where they have the most interest and passion. These opportunities may spark a passion in a student which they had not yet realized. The development of this passion might be what encourages a student to complete his/her education through high school and college and have the skills and developmental assets necessary to achieve success in work and life.
- Small Classroom Sizes (Average classroom size for the 22)
- Apple Distinguished School with 1:1 Student Technology (iPads, Mac Books & Apple TVs and Chromebooks)
- Positive School Community Culture and Restorative Justice
- Effective Instructional Practices and Opportunities to Collaborate
- High Student Expectations and Low Student Disciplinary Incidences
- Ongoing Professional Development and Classroom Support
- Satisfied Parents and Steady Enrollment
- Low Teacher Turnover
- Competitive Salary and Additional Income Opportunities (After School Programs)
- Salary Range: $50,945.00 to $62,967.00
- Minimum Education: bachelor’s degree in Elementary Education; Highly Qualified qualification requirements
- Minimum Experience: 1-3 years as an elementary teacher or enrolled in a teaching certification program.
- IVP Fingerprint Clearance Card
- Master’s Degree in Elementary Education from an accredited university
- Arizona State Teaching Certificate
- Highly Qualified qualification requirements
- Course(s) Training: As required by the Arizona Department of Education
- 3 + years as an elementary teacher
- Provides instruction geared to students’ abilities to meet the Arizona Academic Standards and addresses the physical, mental, social, cultural and community differences among students.
- A thorough up to date knowledge of the range of teaching, learning and behavior management strategies and how to implement them effectively.
- A thorough understanding of the national curriculum and a range of assessment requirements and arrangements.
- Know how to use local, national and statistics to evaluate the effectiveness of teaching.
- Knowledge and understanding of the implications of equal opportunities, multicultural education and inclusion.
- Create instructional resources for use in the classroom.
- Plan, prepare and deliver instructional activities.
- Create a positive educational climate for students to learn in.
- Meet course and school-wide student performance goals.
- Maintain grade books.
- Grade papers and perform other administrative duties as needed.
- Read and stay abreast of current topics in education.
- Create lesson plans.
- Utilize various curriculum resources.
- Integrate competencies, goals, and objectives into lesson plans.
- Develop incentives to keep participants in class.
- Tutor students on an individual basis.
- Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities.
- Prepare and distribute required reports.
- Observe and evaluate student's performance.
- Prepare, administer, and grade tests and assignments in order to evaluate students' progress.
- Confer with parents or guardians, teachers, counselors, and administrators in order to resolve students' behavioral and academic problems.
- Meet with parents and guardians to discuss their children's progress, and to determine their priorities for their children and their resource needs.
- Uses effective classroom management skills that encourage students to demonstrate self- discipline and personal responsibility according to the direction provided by the principal.
- Provides appropriate supervision to all ADP students to include the playground, cafeteria, assemblies and educational field trips.
- Participates in professional development trainings throughout the school year.
- Other related job tasks or responsibilities as assigned.
For More Information, Visit: friendlyhouse.applicantstack.com/x/detail/a2cw11uo6ltb
|HOW TO APPLY
|To prevent spam, free registration is required in order to view job application information on Nonprofit Careers. If you've already registered, login to view details.
Register/Login View More Jobs