||Community Building and Renewal|
||Jul 25, 2023
CAREER OPPORTUNITY– Accounting Manager with Miami Valley Community Action Partnership in Dayton, OH
Do you have a passion for making a positive impact on people’s lives? Are you a strong leader with a focus on collaboration and fulfilling the mission of an organization? If you answered yes, we want to speak to you!
As the Accounting Manager, you will work in concert with the CFO providing overall financial vision and leadership for the organization so that the mission can be best served. You will provide oversight and direction on all matters of finance, including budgeting, forecasting, reporting, accounting, purchasing, real estate, and insurance. You will have oversight of Agency grants and contracts, including cost allocation, development and monitoring of budgets, and grant reporting. As the right-hand person to the CFO, this position provides leadership and strategic direction for the Fiscal department and may be called upon to serve as a surrogate in the CFO’s absence. Other responsibilities include:
- Work with leaders to maximize financial outcomes for government contracts and grants through cost analysis support and compliance with contractual requirements.
- Coordinate monthly variance reports to leadership for all programs and departments.
- Maintain accurate accounting records, analyze monthly accounting details, maintain up-to-date cost allocation bases, and prepare month-end reconciliations and closing entries.
- Prepare monthly and annual financial budgeting reports, both Agencywide and by Program, location, grant or other funding sources.
- Review and analyze monthly and annual financial results and provide recommendations to the CFO and leadership.
- Prepare and submit monthly and quarterly grant funding reimbursements.
- Participate with the payroll team, in the preparation and review of the Agency’s bi-weekly payroll.
- Oversee accounting records for the Agency’s four low-income housing properties, working with property managers to manage cash flow.
- Oversee the accounting records for the Preble and Darke Counties Metropolitan Housing Authorities.
To be considered for this role, you will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance. MBA or CPA is a plus.
- 7 plus years’ experience with nonprofit and/or public accounting including auditing, senior leadership reporting, and staff supervision.
- Grant reporting experience is highly preferred.
- Must have a solid understanding of accounting processes coupled with strong knowledge of GAAP, GAAS, and internal controls.
- Working knowledge of Single Audit and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards (Uniform Guidance).
- A passion for fulfilling the mission of the Organization.
The mission of Miami Valley Community Action Partnership is to work in partnership with local communities to eliminate the causes and conditions of poverty and to promote individual independence and self-sufficiency.
MVCAP is a 501(c)(3) private non-profit agency operating a range of anti-poverty programs in Montgomery, Greene, Darke, and Preble Counties and providing weatherization services in a nine-county area in west-central Ohio. MVCAP operates in concert with the national Community Action Network – made up of more than 1,100 local, private, non-profit, and public Community Action Agencies that work to alleviate poverty. The agency is funded through a combination of federal, state, and local grants and private and corporate contributions. The annual budget is approximately $20,000,000.
If you are looking for a rewarding, impactful opportunity with a strong mission of helping others in need, you’ve found it. Apply online at https://grnh.se/3340f84e3us or email email@example.com.
Employer is EOE/M/F/D/V. No third-party candidates please.
For More Information, Visit: miamivalleycap.org/
|HOW TO APPLY
|To prevent spam, free registration is required in order to view job application information on Nonprofit Careers. If you've already registered, login to view details.