EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR - ATLANTA FULTON PUBLIC LIBRARY FOUNDATION
||Race and Ethnicity|
||$110,000/Yr - to - $125,000/Yr
||May 25, 2023
||No Experience Required
ABOUT OUR ORGANIZATION
Founded in 1988, The Atlanta-Fulton Public Library Foundation (“the Foundation") was started in an effort to extend the reach of programming and resources for the Fulton County Library System (the “Library System”) beyond public funding alone. The Library System, the largest public library system in Georgia, operates through 34 branches in Fulton County, Georgia, and serves a county population of slightly over 1.0 million in the metropolitan Atlanta area.
The Foundation supports the Library System by creating philanthropic and private-sector partners to extend the Library System’s work and by advocating for public support for the Library System. The Foundation and the Library work together to determine where private funds are most needed and impactful. This year 44,000 children attended Summer Reading programs and read over 130,000 books thanks to the support of donors to the Foundation. Private gifts to the Foundation are the greatest affirmation of the important role libraries play in our communities and our lives.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director (ED) will:
- Provide strategic leadership and day-to-day management of the Foundation, leading the organization’s work within the public and private sector to support its mission and goals.
- The ED will increase the ability of the Library Foundation to raise notable funds to support the Library System. This expanded support will be not only from private funds but also public funding of the Library System through an ongoing advocacy program in conjunction with the Library Board of Trustees.
- Support the Foundation by building strong relationships with the Library System, the Fulton County Commission and the Fulton County Manager through consistent oversight and communication.
- Support future growth of the Foundation by identifying and facilitating partnerships for both programming and resource growth and effectively communicating the case for public libraries in various forums.
WHAT YOU’ll DO
Fundraising & Donor Relations (55%)
- Collaborate with the Library System to raise funds to support library services for the Fulton County community.
- Oversee and execute the Foundation development strategy inclusive of annual fundraising, increasing major gifts and any key development campaigns.
- Maintain current donor relationships and identify and develop new donors utilizing affiliate networks of key stakeholders and Board members.
Project Management & Oversight (25%)
- Lead and implement the Foundation strategy developed with the Board of Directors, and oversee all operations of the Foundation
- Collaborate with the Library System on key strategies for matching fundraising activities and needs as identified by the Library System.
- Develop and manage internal staff to execute the Foundation’s work and attend weekly, monthly staff meetings.
- Oversee external and internal communications such as quarterly newsletters, marketing, social media to inform the public of key initiatives within the Foundation.
- Plan, organize and execute all Board and Board committee meetings.
Relationship Building with Key Stakeholders (20%)
- Support, advocate for and enhance the Foundation’s position and reputation within the Atlanta Fulton community.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with various stakeholders including business, philanthropic, nonprofit and governmental constituents.
- Provide support for current Foundation Board Meetings and oversight of four standing Board committees.
- Partner with the Board and implement procedures and strategies to make it as effective as possible.
- Facilitate the identification and recruitment of additional Board members.
WHO YOU ARE
The next Executive Director of the Foundation exhibits the following:
- A minimum of 5 years of management-level fundraising experience. Experience in public/private partnerships is preferred.
- A proven record of major donor cultivation, solicitation of major gifts, and successful annual campaigns.
- Experience in development of corporate sponsorships; marketing and communications experience.
- A visionary, inspiring servant leader. The ED will be a thoughtful leader and communicator, with an authentic commitment to education, equity, libraries and all aspects of the Foundation’s mission.
- An uncommonly good relationship builder. The Library System and Library Foundation have not been viewed as critical leaders in Atlanta and a key part of the new ED’s role will be to change those perceptions. The ED will readily form productive, cooperative relationships at the Library System and with a broad and growing array of partners and leaders.
- Has led growth in private support. The ED will lead work to increase support for the Library Foundation’s mission and priorities. She or he will enhance the Library Foundation’s fundraising capabilities and will engender broad-based philanthropic and private sector engagement.
- A compelling presence and advocate. The ED will be a highly credible external representative of the Library Foundation and Library System’s missions.
- Capacity to lead, manage and elevate the Library Foundation with limited resources. The Library Foundation is small but is growing and has ambitious goals for the role it can play with the Library System and in Atlanta. The Executive Director needs to have the capacity to work with limited resources – both financial and human – to accomplish the goals of the Library Foundation
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
SALARY: This position offers a competitive salary range of $110,000 to $125,000 plus benefits.
BENEFITS: AFPLF offers a competitive total compensation package inclusive of benefits such as health insurance, 401(k) retirement plan, generous paid time off, flexible schedules, and extensive learning opportunities. More details can be provided upon request.
LOCATION: Atlanta, GA or local surrounding areas.
For More Information, Visit: apply.workable.com/daniels-solutions/j/303760ECBE/apply/
|HOW TO APPLY
|To prevent spam, free registration is required in order to view job application information on Nonprofit Careers. If you've already registered, login to view details.