FOODCORPS MICHIGAN SERVICE MEMBER
||Children and Youth|
||Feb 25, 2023
||High School / Equivalent
||Entry Level (Less Than 2 Yrs Experience)
||No Experience Required
FoodCorps partners with schools and communities to nourish kids’ health, education, and sense of belonging so that every child, in every school, experiences the joy and power of food. Our AmeriCorps members serve alongside educators and school nutrition leaders to provide kids with nourishing meals, food education, and culturally affirming experiences with food that celebrate and nurture the whole child. Building on this direct service, FoodCorps advocates for policy change, grows networks, and develops leaders in service of every kid’s health and wellbeing. Our goal is that by 2030, every child will have access to food education and nourishing food in school! FoodCorps Michigan is seeking our next cohort of AmeriCorps members to serve August '23 - July '24! We currently have programs in Detroit, the greater Petoskey area, Flint, and the greater Alpena area. To learn more and apply go to www.foodcorps.org/apply.
We have two tracks of Service Members:
Food Education service members, who work alongside educators to provide kids with food education and culturally affirming experiences with food in the classroom and gardens.
School Nutrition service members, who work with schools, service site organizations, and local communities to promote nourishing school food environments.
What Will You Gain:
- Up to $33,000 living stipend for Service Members, paid bi-weekly.
- $6,895 AmeriCorps Segal Education Award, upon successful completion of your term of service
- Health insurance
- Partial childcare reimbursement, if you qualify
- Student loan forbearance, if you qualify
- Training, mentorship, and professional development opportunities
What We’re Looking For:
- Commitment to building a healthier future for school children
- Demonstrated leadership aptitude and effective communication skills
- Motivation and commitment to serve full-time directly in a community
- Self determination in the face of challenges and solutions-oriented creativity
- Respect for diversity of opinion, experience, and background
- Display a growth mindset by willing to grow through coaching and implementation of feedback
- Knowledge of the culture, history, and/or language of the communities we serve
- Desire to gain hands-on experience in food education
To be considered for a FoodCorps service member position, you must:
- Be 18 years or older by the start of your service term
- Be a legal, permanent resident of the United States
- Hold a high school diploma, GED or equivalent at the start of service
- Be able to serve full-time from August '23-July '24.
To learn more and apply go to www.foodcorps.org/apply.
|HOW TO APPLY
|To prevent spam, free registration is required in order to view job application information on Nonprofit Careers. If you've already registered, login to view details.