WESTERN RESOURCE ADVOCATES
|| All Region - West I (AZ CO ID MT NM NV UT WY)
||$45,000/Yr - to - $65,000/Yr
||Dec 22, 2022
||Entry Level (Less Than 2 Yrs Experience)
||No Experience Required
Western Resource Advocates (WRA) is seeking an enthusiastic and organized problem solver to join our team as an Executive Assistant. The Executive Assistant is instrumental in ensuring the high performance and prioritization of responsibilities for WRA’s President and acts as a gatekeeper to their time so that these priorities are achieved. The Executive Assistant also offers other support for the Executive Leadership Team, which consists of the Vice President of Development & Communications, the Vice President of Finance and Administration, the Vice President of Policy & Programs, and the Vice President of Equity & Culture. Responsibilities include scheduling, day-to-day administrative tasks, travel and event planning, drafting communication materials, and a variety of other interdisciplinary and special projects to advance WRA’s mission. The Executive Assistant must juggle competing priorities, act quickly on immediate requests, manage ever-changing calendars, and both foresee and resolve issues proactively, all while keeping a level head. The Executive Assistant coordinates across our development, administrative, communications, government affairs and program teams and works closely with our Board of Directors to advance the organization’s goals and objectives.
ABOUT WESTERN RESOURCE ADVOCATES
WRA fights climate change and its impacts to sustain the environment, economy, and people of the West. We respect the different needs of diverse people and partner with them to develop a shared vision for progress—one that advances communities while protecting biodiversity.
Our team of policy experts, scientists, economists, and attorneys has a 30-year history of working where decisions are made, sweating the details, creating evidence-based solutions, and holding decisionmakers accountable. This on the ground work with policymakers and other advocates advances clean energy, protects air, land, water, and wildlife—and sustains the lives and livelihoods of the West.
Preference for candidates based in the Boulder-Denver metropolitan area. However, for the right candidate, this position may work remotely in our seven-state region. Our seven-state region includes Arizona, Colorado, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Utah, and Wyoming. WRA has offices located in Boulder, CO; Carson City, NV; Denver, CO; Phoenix, AZ; Salt Lake City, UT; and Santa Fe, NM. Regardless of location, this position can work from home outside of required in-person meetings, events, and retreats.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACTIVITIES
SCHEDULING, CALENDAR MANAGEMENT, & ADMINISTRATION
- Manage all aspects of the President’s calendar and schedule, ensure key meetings are in line with organizational strategic priorities and that adequate time is reserved for the President’s priorities, high level planning and execution of key tasks that drive organizational performance.
- Build a cohesive communication system with the President that proactively anticipates their needs.
- Provide scheduling support for members of the Executive Leadership Team, and on request by the Executive Leadership Team for members of the Senior Leadership Team.
- Arrange travel for the President and other members of the Executive Leadership Team, as needed.
- Prepare timesheets and lobbying reports, reconcile credit card transactions, and complete expense reimbursements on behalf of the President.
- Assist the President in regular management tasks of the organization, working to ensure that tasks and assigned duties are followed through on in a timely manner.
- Other tasks and special projects as assigned.
- Assemble materials and other preparation as needed for meetings, presentations, and events.
- Attend meetings as directed by the President; take notes and conduct any follow-up as directed.
- Staff the organization’s Executive Leadership Team and Senior Leadership Team meetings, developing agendas, keeping track of agenda items, managing the schedule, and keeping accurate notes and records of organizational decisions.
- Distribute monthly all-staff meeting agendas and coordinate meeting logistics.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS SUPPORT
- Work closely with the President and the VP of Development and Communications to plan, develop, and execute board meeting agendas.
- Coordinate the timeline among leadership to deliver a packet of materials to the Board prior to the board meetings and ensure it is properly edited and formatted.
- Work closely with members of WRA’s Administrative Team on board meeting logistics and planning.
- Attend Board meetings, take minutes of the meetings, and revise and finalize meeting minutes in partnership with the President and Vice-President of Finance and Administration.
- Coordinate close collaboration between the President and the Chair of the Board of Directors.
- Work with members of the board and the staff lead to each committee of the board to ensure smooth operation of committees, including scheduling meetings, preparing meeting materials and agendas, taking notes, conducting any follow-up, and accurate record-keeping, as needed.
- Work closely with the President and the VP of Development and Communications to plan and facilitate the onboarding process for new board members.
- Coordinate with the members of Administrative Team and VP of Development and Communications on board member gifts for meetings and other occasions as they arise.
- Work with the President and the Vice-President of Development and Communications to ensure high-quality and regular communication with each member of the board.
- Build relationships with Board members to ensure they have the information they need to effectively participate in Committee and Board meetings.
INTERNAL COORDINATION AND COMMUNICATION
- Coordinate with the VP of Development and Communications regarding development and fundraising priorities, activities and tasks for the President’s calendar and portfolio.
- Coordinate with development team to schedule meetings/calls for the President with donors, to ensure the President is prepared for the meetings, and to conduct any follow-up.
- Keep accurate records of the President’s donor interactions in the development database.
- Coordinate with the communications and program teams to ensure that the President is prepared for media events and opportunities.
- Coordinate with the organization’s leaders to ensure the President is prepared for events, partnership opportunities and for communications and meetings with elected leaders and decision-makers.
- As requested by the President, draft and copyedit communications to target audiences that may include staff, members of the board of directors, donors, and other audiences.
- Identify when support is needed in sharing and gathering information among senior and executive leadership.
- Occasional travel required, generally within the Interior West. This travel includes in-person attendance at staff and board meetings and retreats. Typically, there are two board meetings, and at least one staff retreat in our region each year. Additionally some smaller day trips to in-person meetings required on occassion at the request of the President and Vice Presidents.
- Excellent calendar management skills and an ability to manage and prioritize a wide variety of tasks.
- Proven administrative or other relevant experience.
- Attention to detail.
- Impeccable written and oral communications skills.
- Comfort and skill in communicating with a variety of sophisticated constituencies and audiences including staff, Board members, donors, foundation program officers and executives, conservation partners, elected officials, decision makers, and business executives.
- Integrity and ability to uphold a strict level of confidentiality.
- Collaborative instincts and a sense of humor.
- Ease with working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Intrinsically motivated individual with a desire to learn about conservation issues and topics in nonprofit management, fundraising and leadership.
- Ability to travel.
- Our region does not include ID
For More Information, Visit: westernresourceadvocates.org/careers/exec-assistant-2/
|HOW TO APPLY
|To prevent spam, free registration is required in order to view job application information on Nonprofit Careers. If you've already registered, login to view details.
Register/Login View More Jobs