||Desired / Not Required
APPLICATION: Found Here
JOB TITLE: Director of Operations – Columbia Empire Volleyball Association
START DATE: Negotiable
JOB CLASSIFICATION: Full-time, exempt, salaried position
COMPENSATION: $68,000 - $72,000 commensurate with experience & qualifications
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance – fully paid by employer
- 403(b) retirement with company contribution based on tenure
- Paid time off
- FSA dependent care account
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Remote work options & flexible hours
ABOUT COLUMBIA EMPIRE VOLLEYBALL ASSOCIATION (“CEVA”)
CEVA promotes, fosters, and teaches life-long lessons through volleyball in Oregon and SW Washington. As one of the 40+ Regions of USA Volleyball, CEVA is dedicated to providing quality volleyball opportunities through high caliber programs, member services and community involvement.
REPORTING STRUCTURE & WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Reports to the Executive Director
- Directly supervises, or assists with the supervision of, independent contractors, interns, volunteers
- Includes evening, weekend, and outdoor work
- Primarily based in an office setting
- Requires local and occasional national travel
SUMMARY OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (not an exhaustive list)
- Tournament Management: This position will have primary responsibility for managing our Power League, Presidents Day, and Regional Championship tournaments. The management includes facility scheduling, event registration, schedule building, and general operational support for each event. The Director of Operations is the primary point of contact for all club-hosted tournaments.
- Management of Portable Courts & Equipment: The Director of Operations will manage our inventory of portable volleyball courts. This includes working with renters to finalize rental details, scheduling/supervising pickup and delivery, and maintaining inventory of all equipment. This position may also travel with the courts as a supervisor to various renters.
- Officials & Tournament Directors: The Director of Operations works with the CEVA Officials Division to provide scheduling assistance. This position also directly supervises, recruits, trains, and assigns the tournament directors to all CEVA-hosted events.
- Programming: CEVA’s programming efforts are shared by staff. Each staff member is assigned leadership roles within programming. Many projects require significant collaboration with other staff members. Some examples of programming work include tournament schedule creation, tournament results processing, meeting with various program specific committee members and tracking all program specific handbook changes.
- General Office Administration: CEVA does not have an office manager. Staff share the responsibility of managing basic office administrative needs such as processing mail, returning messages, managing inventory, ordering supplies, etc.
- A strong commitment to CEVA’s mission
- Commitment to the principals of diversity, equity, and inclusion
- College graduate with 3+ years professional work experience
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Excellent customer service skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (phone, e-mail)
- Excels at solving problems, thinking creatively, and adapting to changing circumstances quickly
- Ability to self-direct, organize time wisely and multi-task
- Works independently and is self-motivated
- Forklift certification (current certificate or obtain within 1 month of employment)
- Ability to lift and move heavy, awkward shaped objects without assistance
- Sense of humor, patience, and willingness to learn
- Volleyball knowledge and experience (particularly within USA Volleyball)
- Experience in the non-profit sector (as an employee, administrator, board member, etc.)
- Experience with tournament management software, such as Advanced Event Systems (AES)
- Experience with Google online suite programs (Gmail, Sheets, Docs, Forms, Drive)
- Experience running large events
- Demonstrated leadership and vision in managing groups and projects
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style
- Demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace
- Excel when operating in a fast paced, community environment
- Ability to evaluate and discuss issues of importance to the organization
- Ability to look at situations from several points of view
REQUIRED SUBMISSIONS (all submissions are done online)
- Cover letter – maximum of one page – detailing qualifications and desire for the job
- Professional resume with three professional references
- Answers to supplemental questions & completed online job application
- CEVA staff are not permitted to be affiliated with a club in any capacity
- Coaching in the Fall is highly discouraged
- Employment is contingent on obtaining a USA Volleyball membership in the CEVA region, pass a USAV background screen, and obtaining a Safesport certification
- Submission of an application for this job does not guarantee an interview or that the candidate will be invited to move forward with the application process. CEVA is not obligated to make a hire based on this job posting. Incomplete or late submissions will not be considered
- Should a current Board or committee member be hired for this position, they must immediately relinquish whatever positions they have on those bodies.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: NOVEMBER 15, 2022 – 3:00 PM
The Columbia Empire Volleyball Association is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, sex or age.
For More Information, Visit: www.cevaregion.org/news_article/show/1244934
|HOW TO APPLY
|To prevent spam, free registration is required in order to view job application information on Nonprofit Careers. If you've already registered, login to view details.
Register/Login View More Jobs