The seasoned Volunteer Coordinator engages in public outreach efforts regarding volunteer opportunities, manages volunteer recruitment/onboarding, intake/orientation, and volunteer placement activities. Power Paws trains and places service dogs for disabled children and adults with PTSD, Mobility and Type I Diabetes. We also provide Facility Dogs for agencies serving survivors of domestic or sexual abuse.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works closely with agency staff to identify and recruit for specific volunteer needs and activities
- Manages focused recruitment, screening, and orientation of volunteers and coordinates with agency staff to effectively and quickly place volunteers into appropriate positions
- Creates, maintains, and updates volunteer records, as well as a manual of volunteer policies and procedures
- Coordinates volunteer appreciation and retention activities
- Develops relationships to facilitate the recruitment of volunteers from corporate, faith community, academic, and other sources in the community
- Conducts volunteer recruitment by working with faith communities, civic/community groups, nonprofit agencies, and utilizing resources such as the Alliance of Arizona Nonprofits or other volunteer recruitment sites forces for our target population
- Tracks volunteer hours as well as solicits feedback from volunteers via surveys and evaluations
- Assists with volunteer recruitment and coordination for fundraising activities and special events
- Other duties as required/assigned
Reports to: Director of Training and Placement
For More Information, Visit: www.azpowerpaws.org
|HOW TO APPLY
|To prevent spam, free registration is required in order to view job application information on Nonprofit Careers. If you've already registered, login to view details.
Register/Login View More Jobs