ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR, INDIVIDUAL GIVING
CITY YEAR LOS ANGELES
||Apr 04, 2022
||Desired / Not Required
Our number one priority is the health and safety of our?employees and?AmeriCorps members?and their families;?our students and school partners; and the community at large from COVID-19.?Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is?required?for employment?and service?– all staff members, including remote staff,?and AmeriCorps members?are required to?be fully?vaccinated* no later than their start date. If you are unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons or?sincerely-held?religious beliefs, we will consider requests for reasonable accommodation consistent with our policy, and where we are able to?provide?such accommodations without undue hardship to the?organization?pursuant to?applicable law.?Notwithstanding any language?herein, City Year will?comply with?any state, local, or federal orders, statutes, or regulations that may conflict with the COVID-19 vaccination policy.
*Individuals are considered fully vaccinated 14 days after receiving the second dose of a two-dose vaccine (Pfizer or Moderna) or one dose of a single-dose vaccination (Johnson & Johnson).
City Year Los Angeles is seeking a dynamic Associate Director, Individual Giving who will be responsible for leading efforts to steward current individual donors and identify and secure new donors at the $10K level and below. Reporting to the Individual Giving & Foundation Relations Director, the Associate Director, Individual Giving will be a key member of the Development Team and will contribute to the site’s fundraising and relationship management strategies. The Associate Director, Individual Giving is responsible for maintaining an annual revenue goal of approximately $600k from both existing and new individual donors.
The Associate Director, Individual Giving is someone who enjoys building relationships and is interested in continuing to develop their skills in donor engagement strategy, junior board management, and event planning. The ideal candidate is ambitious in managing a portfolio of donors, takes a creative and intentional approach to fundraising, and has a passion for making authentic connections with our stakeholders and champions. Exceptional organizational, written, and verbal communication skills are necessary for this position, as is the ability to multitask, meet deadlines and achieve results in a team environment.
City Year values and continuously works to build an equitable and inclusive culture where diverse people feel they belong.
Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment or service, absent an approved medical or religious accommodation.
Individual Donor Strategy (below $10K):
- Strategize with Individual Giving & Foundations Director to prepare unique engagement strategies tailored to donors’ and prospects’ interests and resources
- Develop a pipeline of prospects by researching and identifying individuals from events, service days, and/or volunteer opportunities
- Create strategy for personal pipeline within City Year Los Angeles’ larger development strategy
- Research prospects including scanning annual reports, gala sponsorships, etc.
New Individual Donor Cultivation:
- Interact authentically with prospects at virtual and in-person events to establish and deepen potential and current donor relationships
- Engage donors in supporting AmeriCorps member professional development by planning and executing networking events
- Manage and execute end of year giving campaigns, Charitybuzz auctions, and other fundraising initiatives
- Cultivate and engage new individual prospects weekly
Existing Donor Management:
- Successfully steward CYLA donor relationships, managing appropriate frequency of outreach, communication, appreciation, and involvement
- Recommend new engagement opportunities and implement best practices for current and future donors
- Identify current donors with increased giving potential and collaborate with Individual Giving & Foundations Director on strategy to increase gifts
- Co-manage CYLA Associates Board with Individual Giving & Foundations Director, supporting with intentional engagement and execution of all touchpoints
- Utilize events such as the Associates Board fall event and Spring Break fundraiser to solicit and engage new and existing donors
Donor Recognition and Ongoing Engagement:
- Maintain accurate records and donor information in Salesforce donor database within 24-48 hours, tracking cultivation and stewardship activities and progress to goals
- Ensure existing and new donors are added to mailing lists and campaigns
- Regularly monitor progress and follow up to ensure timely collection of gifts
Support Major Gift Donor Engagement:
- Provide administrative support for activities that are related to the management of individuals donors and prospects, including meet and greets, and all Red Jacket Society (our major gifts program) events
- Compile information to prepare proposals and progress reports for individual family foundations
- Support gift tracking for major donors and events; follow up for recognition and gifts for donor-facing engagements
Additional Site and Team Support
- Support CYLA’s Alumni Board with intentional engagement and partner with Alumni board members to expand our current network of Alumni supporters.
- Support with AmeriCorps member development and training for donor-facing engagements such as school meet and greets and events
- Partner with CYLA departments and staff through event and service day participation and cross-departmental committees as needed to ensure site-wide goals are met
- Attend and support at multiple service day events throughout the year in partnership with the Civic Engagement team
- Work with the development team to leverage events to increase individual giving, such as City Year’s Spring Break fundraiser, service days (school beautification projects), and school visits for potential donors.
In order to succeed in this role, an applicant must have the following competencies:
- Strategic Thinking & Natural Curiosity: Be able to think conceptually and analytically. Able to identify the information needed to develop strategies and know when to elevate or seek guidance. Willing and eager to learn as well as able to identify key pieces of information.
- Develop Relationships: Use interpersonal interactions to achieve mutually beneficial outcomes and advances City Year’s mission. Demonstrate cultural/diversity competence. Build trust in critical partner relationships, both internal and external to City Year. Demonstrate personal presence and confidence when working with partners.
- Communication: Write articulate and persuasive proposals and other documents. Have strong written and verbal communication and be able to inspire diverse audiences through communication. Listens carefully and is responsive to feedback.
- Manage to Results: Set realistic and achievable goals and break them down into interim goals. Be able to adjust when faced with obstacles and lead others to achieve success. Takes initiative, can troubleshoot and work well with others.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making: applies knowledge, experience, creativity, and critical thinking in solving challenges; looks beyond the obvious for answers; uses sound judgment to make well-informed, ethical decisions.
We listed what we have seen as key to reach the results of this role. You don’t have to satisfy every requirement or qualification listed. If you have transferable skills and are excited about this role, please apply!
- 3-5 years relevant experience including but not limited to non-profit fundraising, marketing/sales, relationship management or related fields
- Able to work effectively under pressure, handle competing priorities and respond to short deadlines with a team and independently
- Strong attention to detail with a focus on results and process
- Flexibility to meet sudden and unpredictable needs and willingness to work outside standard established business hours
- Strong track record in building and maintaining productive relationships with key stakeholders
- Strategic thinker with the ability to manage short- and long-term plans and goals, with a record of achieving results
- Solid, persuasive communication skills, i.e. verbal and written
- Strong research skills – ability to identify and research individual donor prospects
- Passion for and commitment to this role and work
Full time employees will be eligible for all benefits including vacation and sick days and organization holidays. You may participate in all benefit programs that City Year establishes and makes available to eligible employees, under (and subject to all provisions of) the plan documents that govern those programs. Currently, City Year offers medical, dental and vision, life, accidental death and dismemberment and disability coverage, Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), other benefits including 401(k) plan(s) pursuant to the terms and conditions of company policy and the 401(k) plan document. For more information, click here.
Employment at City Year is at-will.
City Year does not sponsor work authorization visas.
For More Information, Visit: cityyear.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/CityYear/job/Los-Angeles-CA/Individual-Giving-Manager_R4824-2
|HOW TO APPLY
|To prevent spam, free registration is required in order to view job application information on Nonprofit Careers. If you've already registered, login to view details.
Register/Login View More Jobs