JOB TITLE: Family Care Associate
LOCATION: Reno, NV
STATUS: Full-time (37.5 hours per week), Exempt
REPORTS TO: Sr. Manager of Family Programs
Who We Are:
The Alzheimer’s Association is the leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer’s care, support and research. Our mission is to lead the way to end Alzheimer's and all other dementia - by accelerating global research, driving risk reduction and early detection, and maximizing quality care and support.
At the Alzheimer’s Association, our employees are at the core of all we do. Our network of more than 1,700 employees across the United States makes a difference each and every day for those impacted by Alzheimer’s and those at risk for the disease.
We warmly invite qualified applicants to consider this opportunity to make a life changing impact on the millions living with Alzheimer’s, their caregivers and those that may be diagnosed with the disease in the future. Read on to learn more about the role, then visit our website www.alz.org/jobs to find out more about who we are and why we've been recognized as a Best Place to Work the last eleven years in a row.
This position is responsible for the delivery of the Northern Nevada grant funded evidenced based/informed intervention educational training: Savvy Caregiver Training Program and Cuidando Con Respeto. The position will fulfill requirements of a contract with Nevada Dementia-Capable Community Care Project (NDC3) including the accurate and timely documentation of grant deliverables. Must be fluent in English and Spanish and will deliver the training program via in-person or by videoconference. Travel throughout the assigned territory of Northern Nevada will be required of this position. This is a full-time temporary grant funded position with the possibility of continued employment for 3 years.
- Deliver evidence-based/informed intervention educational training programs to Northern Nevada dementia family caregivers.
- Schedule, plan, market, recruit, screen and interview intervention participants
- Develop and build community partnerships and relationships to promote and recruit intervention participants as well as build community awareness of other trainings and interventions offered by NDC3 grant partners
- With direct supervision from Senior Manager of Family Programs, follow established intervention protocols and procedures for documentation and data collection and ensure high quality program delivery, including any required grant reporting to partner agencies
- Work collaboratively with Care and Support team and participate in regularly scheduled Alzheimer’s Association staff and team meetings and continuing education sessions as well as participate in all grant-related team meetings
- Serve as a community liaison and spokesperson at relevant community events, radio and television interviews to build collaborative partnerships with strategic partner agencies to reach intervention participants and new communities
- Minimum four year degree in social work, nursing, counseling, education, occupational therapy, psychology, sociology, therapeutic recreation, or related human service field or equivalent experience will be considered. A Master’s degree in counseling, social work, nursing, or psychology is preferred, or Master’s degree equivalent experience, especially in the areas of dementia care or elder services may be considered.
- Required experience of 1-2 years working in the Alzheimer’s or dementia and/or geriatric field.
- 2-4 years of experience in community education, outreach, community mobilization or organizational capacity building projects/initiatives may be considered.
- Must speak and write fluent Spanish and English.
- Knowledge of the Northern Nevada urban and rural communities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated success providing quality clinical support to families providing care and support to relatives living with Alzheimer’s or a related dementia with solid knowledge of dementia, dementia-related resources, constituent needs and best practices.
- Deadline and detail oriented, adaptable, organized, and able to successfully prioritize and manage multiple tasks, while providing excellent ability to communicate in person, print, and electronically to a variety of audiences.
- Strong presentation skills and previous experience as a public speaker or educator with the ability to deliver content to both English and Spanish speaking communities.
- Demonstrated success working with diverse communities and enhance the Alzheimer’s Association culture of diversity and inclusion in all aspects of the job.
- Superior self-management skills, initiative, and proven ability to collaborate.
- Strong computer skills, proficient with Microsoft Office products, Google suite and; experience with, or ability to rapidly learn the Personify CRM database and volunteer management system.
- Ability and willingness to travel (i.e., time spent away from the office) within the community to fulfill the job responsibilities.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, access to a reliable vehicle, good driving record and proof of automobile insurance.
- Ability and willingness to work evenings and weekends as required for the job.
- Ability to lift/push/pull up to 25 pounds.
Employees working 24 hours/week or more are eligible for a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, flex accounts, short and long-term disability, life insurance, long term care insurance, tuition reimbursement, generous Paid Time Off, 12 annual holidays and Paid Family Leave, as well as an annual Cultural & Heritage Day and Volunteer Day of their choosing. They are also eligible for our gold standard 401(k) retirement plan.
Full time employees (37.5 hours/week), will enjoy all of the above plus an annual School Visitation Day and an Elder Care Facility Day of their choosing.
The Alzheimer’s Association is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace and provides consideration for an employment relationship without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, genetic predisposition, national origin, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, age, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
For More Information, Visit: jobs.alz.org/family-care-associate/job/18694410