Healing NET Foundation Executive Director Job Description
The Healing NET Foundation Executive Director’s ultimate responsibility is to further the mission of the organization, which is to optimize the care of those with neuroendocrine cancer through the education of and collaboration among physicians, health care providers, patients, and caregivers. This position functions as the global face of the organization and is responsible for maintaining key relationships and cultivating support. The Executive Director is the most senior professional of the organization and oversees the administration, programs and strategic plan of the organization and reports directly to the Board of Directors.
Administration: Upholds the Bylaws (Governance) of the organization and is
is responsible for operational and financial oversight. Responsible for management of all staff. Reports to and is the chief staff liaison to the Board of Directors as well as the staff liaison for any committees operating under Board leadership.
Specifics: Staff oversight and meetings, reports, agendas, and attendance as appropriate for all Board of Director meetings, as well as various committees.
Programs: The Medical Director and the Senior Program Director report to the Executive Director in developing, executing, and planning outreach of Healing NET Foundation programs. The Executive Director works with the Medical Director and Senior Program Director to recruit and engage the Scientific Advisory Committee (SAC) to ensure programs are applicable and appropriate for the NET community and the medical community at large.
Specifics: Regular meetings with the Medical Director and Senior Program Director, reports, agendas, and attendance for SAC meetings.
Strategic Advancement: Leads staff in coordination with Strategic Planning Committee (SPC) to uphold and build Healing NET Foundation’s mission. Primary point of contact to build and maintain collaborative and mutually beneficial partnerships/alliances in the NET community and to create and build awareness of the Healing NET Foundation brand, mission, and programs.
Specifics: provides strategic leadership of the organization, builds alliances.
Fund Development: Provides oversight of staff and is the face of the organization in fund development, including major sponsorships and grant requests as well as major donors (corporate and individual) to support the organization financially.
Specifics: creates and leads fundraising goals, develops relationships with potential funders
- Outstanding interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Empathy and compassion for oncology patients and caregivers
- High integrity and professional ethics
- Strong organizational, analytical, problem solving skills
- Strong written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Self-confident and comfortable in networking situations with peers or persons with more advanced credentials or education
- Willingness to ask for financial support of the organization
- Excellent knowledge of nonprofit governance and ability to manage, engage, inspire and motivate staff in the mission of the organization
- Ability to work with a diverse and engaged Board of Directors
- Working knowledge and experience in working with healthcare professionals
- Ability to telecommunicate with necessary tools and knowledge
- Knowledge of the neuroendocrine cancer “big picture” is preferred with additional education/training required within the first year
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Continued education in nonprofit management or pertinent training/education through workshops, etc., that relates to non-profit management is preferred
- Minimum seven years in professional or nonprofit management and preferred experience in nonprofit fundraising, grants, and sponsorships.
For More Information, Visit: www.thehealingnet.org/resources