EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR FOR THE STEVE FUND
|| All US - Remote Position
||Oct 28, 2021
||Executive (VP/Senior VP/etc)
||Desired / Not Required
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
The Steve Fund is the nation's leading organization focused on promoting the mental health and emotional well-being of young people of color during the pivotal transitions from adolescence to adulthood. The Steve Fund works with colleges and universities, nonprofit organizations, researchers, mental health experts, families, and young people to promote programs and strategies that build awareness and assistance to ensure the mental and emotional health of the nation's young people of color. As it enters its sixth year, the Steve Fund is positioned to build capacity to take its programs and services to scale. The Steve Fund was awarded a multi-year grant from the Morgan Stanley Foundation and selected as one of the inaugural members of the Morgan Stanley Alliance for Children's Mental Health. Funding from private foundations and new corporate support from partners like Peloton, Abercrombie & Fitch and Harry's is helping to build organizational capacity and extending the organization's reach to a larger population of young people, families, and stakeholders. This leadership transition also comes at a moment when conversations about racial equity, mental health, wellbeing, and the promise of America's young people of color are at the forefront of our nation's collective conscience.
To learn more about the Steve Fund, please visit https://www.stevefund.org.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Executive Director is a unique leadership opportunity for a visionary individual who can inspire and build organizational growth and transformation. This individual will provide the leadership, strategic direction, and management expertise for one of the nation's most needed mental health organizations.
Reporting to the Board of Trustees, the new Executive Director will lead and manage the Steve Fund's virtual team. The Steve Fund currently employs an extended enterprise model to operate its programming, employing a small foundation of program managers and mental health leaders, and retaining top experts in the field as consultants to help drive content and deliver programs nationally. A key responsibility of the incoming Executive Director will be to build The Steve Fund's full-time team and develop the systems and processes needed to take its work to the next level of growth, development, and impact. More broadly, the Executive Director is responsible for fundraising and development, programming, marketing, fiscal, and budgetary management.
Strategy, Vision, and Leadership
- Serve as a thought leader on future visioning and strategic direction for the Steve Fund
- Represent the organization externally with a variety of stakeholders: students and families, mental health professionals, higher education and nonprofit leaders, philanthropy partners, program partners, peer organizations, and others
- Work with the Board of Trustees to develop and achieve strategic planning goals and fulfill the Steve Fund's mission
- Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that is committed to and delivers excellence consistently
Fundraising and External Affairs
- Oversee the development and implementation of the organization's annual fundraising plan to secure the resources to execute the Steve Fund's mission
- Support relationships with current funders including foundations, individuals, and corporations
- Leverage external presence and relationships to garner new opportunities and cultivate a broader pool of funders
- Maintain, strengthen and develop relationships with program partners, peer organizations, funders, and the media
- In partnership with directors, work to identify highly talented prospects to be considered for the organization's growing governing Board
- Serve as the organization's primary spokesperson
- Deepen and refine all aspects of communications—from web presence to external relations to create a stronger awareness and sterling reputation
Organizational Leadership and Management
- Facilitate the ongoing development and management of its "extended enterprise" of long-term contractors (e.g. business and finance, experts in mental health and education) to ensure the smooth running of the organization
- Hire and develop a team of full-time staff to support the Steve Fund's programming and operations Collaborate closely with the Senior Medical Director to advance Steve Fund's equity and mental health framework
- Provide oversight to all financial aspects of the organization, ensuring that sound, efficient financial procedures, controls, and accurate reporting systems are in place
- Report regularly to the Board of Trustees regarding organizational strategies, objectives, achievements, and challenges
- Ensure compliance with all applicable federal and state nonprofit governance, requirements, and regulations
- Critical interest in the mission, programming, and approach of the Steve Fund with a deep commitment to racial equity
- Passion, interest, and ability to build a team and develop the systems and processes to transform a high performing and young organization into an enduring institution
- Demonstrated ability to develop and lead fundraising strategy with a track record of attracting and growing philanthropic support from foundations, corporations, and individuals
- Possesses entrepreneurial skills and a "builder" mindset; is an energetic, collaborative and proactive team leader who productively impacts both strategic and tactical initiatives.
- Executive presence bolstered by excellent, persuasive communication skills with proven success as the lead spokesperson and ambassador of a high impact organization; demonstrated ability to progressively build awareness of and support for mission
- High energy working style
- Outstanding management expertise and experience with a demonstrated and distinguished track record running a complex organization with multiple stakeholders and managing a diverse, geographically dispersed staff
- Demonstrated facility with analyzing and employing data to drive innovation and growth
- An inclusive leadership style that seeks out and values diverse backgrounds and perspectives
- An emotionally intelligent leader with excellent interpersonal skills who fosters internal trust, attracts and cultivates outstanding talent, and catalyzes staff capacity and impact
- A collaborative management approach that motivates staff, provides clear and consistent direction, and fosters accountability
- Seven years minimum executive and senior management experience
- Ability to commit fully to our mission and organization and take on a sustained leadership role
- A graduate degree is preferred
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Salary and benefits will be competitive and commensurate with experience.
Location flexible within the United States
QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS, PLEASE APPLY:
The Steve Fund is committed to fostering diversity, equity, and inclusion and welcomes candidates from diverse backgrounds. The Steve Fund recognizes and appreciates the value of building a diverse workforce and creating an inclusive work environment. The Steve Fund takes pride in being an equal opportunity employer regardless of age, ethnicity, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national or ethnic origin, physical or mental ability, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
For More Information, Visit: www.on-ramps.com/jobs/2414
|HOW TO APPLY
|To prevent spam, free registration is required in order to view job application information on Nonprofit Careers. If you've already registered, login to view details.