GovHR USA is pleased to announce the recruitment of candidates for the position of Assistant Director of Facility Operations at the Fox Valley Park District located in Aurora, Illinois
About the District: The Fox Valley Park District is a dynamic and growing park district that serves a diverse population of more than 236,000 people. Recognized as an Illinois Distinguished Agency, Fox Valley holds the nation’s highest honor as a National Gold Medal Award winner for excellence in park and recreation management. Serving the communities of Aurora, Montgomery and North Aurora, the District maintains 168 parks and 48 miles of inter-connected regional trails amid 2,500 acres of parkland. The District is headed by an Executive Director who oversees a staff of 114 FT and 800 PT employees.
About the Position: The Assistant Director of Facility Operations reports to the Director of the Operations Department who manages eight divisions including the Facilities Division. The Facilities Division consists of 6 FT and 12 PT employees and is comprised of two groups: facilities management and aquatics. The Assistant Director has two direct reports: Facilities & Trades Manager and the Aquatics Maintenance Supervisor.
The Assistant Director is responsible for district wide capital improvement planning and the quality maintenance and repair of all indoor and outdoor district facilities. Facilities include playgrounds, shelters, aquatic centers, community centers, structures, etc. It also includes physical elements and systems in buildings and park facilities such as electrical, plumbing, HVAC and aquatic systems, roofs, building interiors and exteriors, potential construction and repair projects. The Assistant Director will serve as a member of the district management team and collaborate closely with parks and recreation personnel. This is an at-will position.
Position Expectations: The position has the following key responsibilities.
- Lead and manage Division staff providing clear communication and setting clear expectations.
- Manage maintenance agreements for all facilities and evaluate feasibility of contracting projects and services.
- Develop and monitor assigned budgets and analyze and implement cost efficient approaches to overall operations and processes.
- Prepare requests for proposals, bid and quote documents, and cost estimates for projects and services.
- Coordinate the scheduling of facility repairs, general maintenance and building projects with District staff and outside contractors.
- Serve as point of contact for facility managers and park supervisors regarding repair and improvement issues and projects.
- Deliver high level customer service to both internal and external customers consistent with District standards.
Position Qualifications: The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Ability to effectively supervise, coach and train staff and promote positive employee relations.
- Excellent analytical, budgeting and reporting skills to evaluate and recommend alternative actions with minimal direction.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to provide clear communication to co-workers, contractors and staff.
- Proficient computer skills in MS Office and work order applications with aptitude to learn and evaluate other software systems.
- Certification in HVAC and Aquatic Facility Operations (or CPO) preferred. Certified Park and Recreation Professional preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge in facilities maintenance, construction administration, or closely related discipline.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; minimum of five years of progressively responsible related experience, including two years supervisory experience.
Compensation and Benefits: The salary range is $58K-$87K. The appointment salary range is $58K-$80K. DOQ. A comprehensive benefits package includes medical insurance, IMRF pension, paid holidays, vacation and sick leave benefits. Residency in the District is not required.
Selection Process: Candidates should apply to www.GovHRjobs.com with a resume, cover letter and three professional references by 5 pm on Monday, September 20, 2021. For Questions Contact: Mike Earl, Senior Vice President, GovHR USA at (224) 261-8366 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The Fox Valley Park District is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Click HERE to Apply!
For More Information, Visit: govhrusa.applytojob.com/apply/2J1ov7nEzU/Fox-Valley-Park-District-IL-Assistant-Director-Of-Facility-Operations