The Santa Monica Education Foundation is hiring an Annual Fund, Program and Events Coordinator who will assist with its annual campaign for over 3,300 donors, manage programs provided to Santa Monica’s public schools, and administer a high-end event and smaller stewardship events.
This individual will report to the Executive Director, and will be based in the organization’s office in Santa Monica, California.
About the Education Foundation
The Santa Monica Education Foundation is the fundraising partner for all 12 public schools in Santa Monica. A dedicated group of parents, community leaders, and local business people established the Foundation in 1982 to enhance and supplement the curriculum of the public schools. The Ed Foundation’s mission is to engage the community to invest in a vibrant educational experience for all students in the Santa Monica public schools.
The Ed Foundation is an independent 501(c)(3) organization and enjoys a quality partnership with the Santa Monica-Malibu Unified School District, the Board of Education and the 11 Parent Teacher Associations representing the individual school campuses in Santa Monica.
The Foundation works hand-in-hand with the District to allocate funds in ways that result in the greatest impact, including instructional aides, arts programs and “stretch grants” for each school. Schools use these grants for many essential staff and programs, including STEM programs, additional arts, student wellness, teacher training and college readiness.
The Education Foundation seeks an energetic, results-oriented, self-motivated professional, with experience in fundraising, program management and event planning.
The successful candidate must possess excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal and organizational skills, with the ability to give attention to detail, be goal- and results-oriented, self-motivated, and possess the ability to make independent decisions. It is preferable that this person have experience in fundraising, program management, and event planning. The candidate will ideally be proficient with donor databases and budget management; be collaborative and team oriented; demonstrate sound judgment when dealing with a wide range of relationships and situations; and possess the ability to maintain enthusiasm for hard work, changing priorities, and multiple deadlines, as well as the ability to interact well with a diverse community of constituents.
This position may require a flexible work schedule, including early morning, evening and weekend meetings and long work hours.
- Support the Executive Director in all aspects of annual fundraising campaign of 3,300+ donors.
- Develop specialized campaign solicitations to upgrade current donors and build donor participation in major campaigns and special fundraising initiatives.
- Work with Executive Director to increase donor participation rates and total dollars raised, and to develop programs for solicitation of current parents, alumni, and community supporters.
- Create customized fundraising reports for Executive Director to share with constituents.
- Build relationships with volunteers, donors, participants, and prospective donors.
- Assist Executive Director in working closely with school and PTA leaders to build parent participation and awareness of Ed Foundation.
- Manage aspects of the Foundation’s annual Wine Auction, a high-end event with multiple components for over 400 people
- Coordinate the Foundation’s cultivation and stewardship events with volunteers, major donors and corporate partners.
- Manage programs funded by Foundation’s endowments, including program delivery, budget, communications, and analysis.
- Manage and coordinate summer enrichment program for 900+ students, working closely with PTA Council’s program team.
- Coordinate College Essay Writing Classes for over 70 high school students.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in events, as well as working on annual fund campaigns, preferably in a nonprofit or education-related setting
- A proven track record in managing multiple projects, through collaboration with volunteers, peers and superiors
- Comfort and experience interacting with a wide variety of school-related stakeholders and the general public
- Experience in and evidence of being self-motivated and maintaining responsibility for schedule, time commitments and priorities
- Ability to respond to changing circumstances and priorities
- Demonstration of leadership skills
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment, which includes working closely with key volunteers and other critical partners of the organization
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, including the ability to analyze and integrate information from relevant sources
- Willingness to be available for early morning, evening and weekend events
- Ability to work within a budget and to self-monitor expenses
- Proficiency and experience with a database management software system a plus
- Computer competence in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and a variety of database and design applications
The Santa Monica Education Foundation would prefer a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher education within a related field of study. The most important aspect of a candidate’s background is the referenced experience and career successes consistent with the responsibilities of this position.
The Santa Monica Education Foundation offers a competitive compensation package that includes an annual salary, possible merit increases (based upon performance evaluations and budget), 5 days of sick leave and 10 days of vacation (with increasing weeks for years of service), 11 paid holidays, and health insurance benefits if needed.
If you would like to apply for this position, please submit a letter of interest and a resume to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
For More Information, Visit: www.smedfoundation.org