Human Resources Manager
Faith in Action Network is the largest grassroots faith-based community organizing network in the United States. For 40 years Faith in Action (formerly known as PICO National Network) has brought people of faith together to advance racial and economic justice. Through a network of 60 faith-based organizations and 1,200 religious congregations, Faith in Action provides an opportunity for thousands of volunteer leaders to stand up and be heard on the public and corporate decisions that most directly shape their lives.
Faith in Action organizations have successfully changed public policies at the local, state and federal level that have helped families obtain affordable health coverage for themselves and their children, provide their children with a better education, protect their homes from foreclosure and secure good jobs. Through an innovative campaign infrastructure that ties together grassroots people-led organizing in more than 200 cities and towns and 18 states with large-scale efforts to change federal policy, Faith in Action is currently leading campaigns to help with citizenship for 11 million aspiring Americans, end mass-incarceration and make sure that no one is excluded from the benefits of health reform.
The Human Resources Manager is responsible for varied and wide-ranging functions that are critical to enhancing the effectiveness of the FIA employee experience. Under the direction of the Chief People Officer, the HR Manager ensures the administration of human resources activities, such as employment, compensation, performance management, employee relations, training, and HR data integrity by performing the duties described below. The HR Manager also works closely with the Chief People Officer to update policies and procedures to consistently align with federal and state regulations and adhere to established organizational standards. This role will require someone with a working knowledge of benefits administration and some payroll knowledge in order to provide guidance and support to staff.
Above all, the HR Manager will have a proven commitment to social justice and express comfort working in a multi-racial, multi-faith environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administers health, welfare, retirement plans including compliance, state and federal filings, enrollments, address participant concerns and questions, cancellations, and terminations
- Conducts recruitment efforts for all exempt, non-exempt, and temporary employees; position postings; career page administrator; conduct reference checks, administers background checks
- Ensures FIA can attract, motivate, develop and retain great talent through effective resourcing, training & development, performance management and reward strategies
- Conducts offboarding of separating employees to include performing exit interviews; coordinating benefit terminations; and ensuring all required separation documentation is gathered.
- Conducts new employee orientations, ensure employees gain an understanding of company culture, benefit plans and enrollment provisions
- Supports the Chief People Officer with delivering performance management strategies, processes, trainings,
- and development plans
- Ensures job descriptions are current and compliant with all local, state and federal regulations
- Establishes and maintains department records and reports. Participate in administrative staff meetings and attend other meetings, such as seminars. Maintains company organization charts and employee directory, completes employment verification requests.
- Processes monthly billings from insurance providers. Reviews billings for accuracy, codes and advances for payment. Resolves discrepancies with carriers, payroll and the company. Completes reports for management as requested.
- Maintains employee handbook and related documents, recommends new and revised policies & procedures
- Develops and implements organization-wide training for managers on human resources functions such as recruitment, leave administration, employee performance evaluations and employment law compliance
- Research, procure, recommend, and implement innovation technology solutions to streamline the employee experience and talent management administration
- Develops and delivers presentations on human resources policies, practices and procedures and other trainings including but not limited to interviewing, hiring, terminations, promotions, performance review, safety, and sexual harassment.
- Advises managers of FIA policy regarding equal employment opportunities, compensation, career pathing, and employee benefits
- Manage auditing and compliance in a broad range of human resources areas; ensures adherence to appropriate state and federal regulations
- Monitors HR data across multiple systems to ensure data integrity; analyzes HR data and develops management reports that drive business decisions
- Implements and monitors HR processes with a keen focus on maximizing efficiencies and ensuring a positive employee experience for all staff
- Serves a primary point of contact for all staff on broad HR matters; delivers high-touch customer service
- Responds to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and HR programs
- Serve as the payroll liaison; report changes to payroll administrator
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (required):
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university with a minimum of five years of HR experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education & experience; HR Certification highly desirable;
- Exposure to Labor Law and employment equity regulations;
- Full understanding of employee life-cycle and best practices with demonstrated HR Administration and people management skills;
- Exposure to payroll practices;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; skilled at delivering complex and sensitive messages to groups and individuals;
- Experience developing and/or delivering effective training;
- Highly computer literate with capability in email, MS Office and related business and communication tools
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail; ability to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously using proving project management methodologies
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise good judgment
- Full commitment to excellent and high-touch customer service
- Commitment to Faith in Action’s mission, vision, purpose and core values;
- Proven ability to work in a variety of culturally-diverse settings, particularly working with purposely ignored and marginalized communities such as formerly incarcerated, immigrants, poverty stricken families, black women, etc.;
- Action-oriented, solution driven, with a high-level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness, along with a strong work ethic;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships, with the innate ability to communicate effectively, both written and orally;
- Excellent interpersonal, project and time management, customer service and organizational skills;
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a collaborative team.
All applicants must apply for this position online via organizingcareers.org. Please have the following documents ready to upload to your online application:
- An electronic file of your resume (preferably in PDF format)
- A cover letter stating why you want this position and your qualifications.
If you need assistance or experience any technical difficulties with your online application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes will not be accepted via this email address.
FAITH IN ACTION provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, FAITH IN ACTION complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
For More Information, Visit: faithinaction.org/