I SUPPORT THE GIRLS
||Gay, Lesbian, Bi and Transgendered Issues|
Housing and Homelessness
||May 17, 2021
||High School / Equivalent
||Entry Level (Less Than 2 Yrs Experience)
||No Experience Required
Hours: 15 hours/week
Location: Rockville, Maryland
For Immediate Hire
I Support the Girls (ISTG), a nonprofit organization, is seeking a responsible, organized, and reliable part-time Warehouse Manager to oversee and assist with weekly warehouse duties. This position will be in-person at our Rockville, Maryland warehouse at least 2-3 days per week. The successful candidate will work alongside ISTG’s Administrative Manager and Marketing Associate and volunteers. Weekly tasks will include picking up packages at the Wheaton, Maryland Post Office, sorting through donations, managing the inventory, overseeing shipments and distributions, and maintaining a clean and organized warehouse environment.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Manage weekly intake of packages, including picking up from the Wheaton, Maryland Post Office, tracking each package, unboxing, and sorting packages (with the help of volunteers)
- Input incoming and outgoing donation data into Google sheets and online database.
- Manage outgoing shipments by filling product requests, preparing packages for shipment, and shipping donations at the Post Office or FedEx.
- Work with the Administrative Manager and Marketing Associate to fulfill local distributions to partner organizations; includes researching, vetting, and contacting organizations by phone and email.
- Maintain a clean, safe, and organized warehouse environment.
- Keep track of inventory of products ready to be donated.
- Work alongside volunteers unboxing and sorting packages.
- Order products for ISTG warehouse and partner organizations as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Physical strength, stamina, and the ability to walk or stand for long periods of time and lift boxes of varying sizes and weights.
- Organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to safely use a pallet jack and other warehouse equipment and climb a warehouse ladder.
- Leadership, management, and ability to work well with others.
- Must be able to use Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, etc.) and Google Drive (Google Docs, Sheets, etc.).
- MUST have a driver’s license AND a reliable vehicle. Larger vehicles (SUVs, vans, pick-up trucks, hatch-backs, and minivans are preferred).
- MUST be able to work in-person at the Rockville, Maryland warehouse several days per week.
- Passion for menstrual equity and women’s health is a plus.
If interested, please send your resume and a cover letter to info@iSupportTheGirls.org. Please include the word “Tampon” in the subject line of your email.
This position is $15.00/hour. Mileage is not being paid. Clean driving record is required.
COVID-19 Guidelines: I Support the Girls has taken COVID-19 guidelines seriously, and requires all staff members to wear masks and social distance when at the warehouse with more than 1 person. Volunteers are limited to no more than 6 people at a time spread out throughout the warehouse.
About I Support the Girls: Through an international network of Affiliates, I Support the Girls collects and distributes essential items, including bras, underwear, and menstrual hygiene products, allowing women and folx experiencing homelessness, impoverishment, or distress to stand tall with dignity.
For More Information, Visit: www.isupportthegirls.org/jobs/
Register/Login View More Jobs