HOMEOWNER SELECTION COORDINATOR/LOAN PACKAGER
VERDE VALLEY HABITAT FOR HUMANITY
||Housing and Homelessness|
||$10,000/Yr - to - $15,000/Yr
||May 17, 2021
||High School / Equivalent
||Entry Level (Less Than 2 Yrs Experience)
||Desired / Not Required
Located in Cottonwood, AZ between Phoenix and Flagstaff.
Verde Valley Habitat for Humanity (VVHFH) is a non-profit, inter-denominational Christian organization and homebuilder that was founded in 1995, as an affiliate of Habitat for Humanity International. VVHFH strives to build quality affordable housing for qualified low-income families in the Verde Valley, and is committed to the development of service programs and projects within the local communities.
This position will coordinate VVHFH’s homeowner selection process and will partner and coordinate with the Homeowner Selection Committee and follow policies and procedures for the recruitment, processing, and selection of homeowner families while working to assist and nurture homeowner applicants, coordinate the sale of homes, and provide direction for the programs designed to support families after they have been selected.
- Will be required to complete the qualified loan originator training and fulfill the training annually.
- Will be required to complete the USDA 502 certified packager training and pass the certification test to receive certification.
- Review all applicant files and ensure compliance with all laws, including Fair Housing, ECOA, RESPA and Dodd Frank.
- Work within established guidelines to create a mortgage solution that provides the homeowner with an affordable payment and takes advantage of all available funding sources.
- Track and screen applications before submitting to Homeowner Selection Committee for review
- Provide staff support to Homeowner Selection Committee, including scheduling, coordinating and attending committee meetings.
- Coordinate the requirements of multiple funding sources and manage the closing processes for all.
- Responsible for working with the Executive Director to prepare and complete the loan documents and disclosures.
- Communicate the complex documents effectively to first time homebuyers.
- Have a passion and calling to empower families and revitalize communities.
- Have 1-2 years working with empowerment methodologies for working with under resourced families and communities.
- Have strong communication skills and will have a calm and professional demeanor when working with a wide variety of people.
- Detailed oriented and have familiarity with mortgage regulations such as the: Fair Housing Act, Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act, and Non-Judicial Foreclosure Act.
- Excellent computer skills including Excel, MS Word, MS Publisher, MS Outlook and Google products. Experience with data bases a plus.
- Ability to efficiently and effectively organize work and time. Ability to work in an office with frequent interruptions. Must be a self-starter.
- Current driver’s license and vehicle
- Ability to establish and maintain excellent working relationships with VVHFH staff, partner families, neighborhood residents, and partner organizations.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Applications are considered for positions without regard to veteran status, uniformed service member status, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
For More Information, Visit: www.vvhabitat.org
|HOW TO APPLY
|To prevent spam, free registration is required in order to view job application information on Nonprofit Careers. If you've already registered, login to view details.
Register/Login View More Jobs