This is a unique opportunity to join a leader in community development finance, and work in a fast-paced social justice organization on a broad range of projects that involve complex business, financial, operational, and policy issues to help expand our impact serving low-income and otherwise underserved communities. The successful Special Projects Manager candidate will lead projects with strategic importance to Self-Help Federal Credit Union (SHFCU). The focus of projects will include supporting retail operations teams with data analysis and research to build efficiencies and deepen impact, expanding into new markets, developing strategic relationships, supporting policy initiatives, and helping to develop new and enhanced activities that can drive our mission to create ownership and economic opportunity. This position provides a unique opportunity to be closely involved in cutting-edge work that impacts the broader financial services industry, community development, and economic, social, and racial justice through practice and policy
Special Projects Manager Essential Responsibilities:
Support and manage special projects as directed by the President of CA Retail Operations, Chief of Staff, and Senior Vice Presidents. Projects will be critical to successful implementation of strategic priorities to expand the impact, scope and presence of Self-Help in the West Coast and Midwest.
Examples of potential projects include:
- Assisting retail branch operations with data analysis and research to support member service, improve operational efficiencies, and deepen impact.
- Acting as project manager for new initiatives to advance Self-Help’s work regionally and nationally.
- Evaluating strategic growth opportunities, including mergers, acquisitions and new branch openings.
- Providing analytical support on major financial and operational decisions.
- Developing and supporting the organization’s strategic relationships with key partners, including community-based organizations, faith-based institutions, and elected officials.
- Supporting policy initiatives that impact the financial services industry, community development sector, and strengthen economic, social, and racial justice.
- Planning and/or facilitating leadership meetings, retreats, and events.
- Driving internal communication efforts aimed at building a consistent organizational culture.
Special Projects Manager Credentials, Experience and Skills:
- Strong commitment to our mission – creating economic opportunity for traditionally underserved communities – and a desire to work actively in such communities.
- Direct experience in a financial institution retail branch environment.
- Demonstrated project management experience, preferably in a complex organization with social justice mission.
- Strong analytical, organizational and project management skills/experience.
- Ability to multi-task, very strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Resourceful self-starter and fast learner; effective working behind the scenes.
- Excellent interpersonal skills – demonstrated ability to work effectively in varied professional, socio-economic and cultural contexts.
- Excellent verbal and written communications and presentation skills.
- Strong IT, Excel, and web-based research skills; GIS and/or other mapping skills a strong plus.
- Strong cultural competency and a preference for working in organizations that value diversity, teamwork and collaboration.
- A demonstrated commitment to social and economic justice.
- Interest in and experience with community economic development programs.
- Sincere commitment to teamwork and an interest in the development of colleagues.
- Bachelor’s degree (or additional relevant experience) and at least 4 years of relevant professional experience, which could include: community or economic development, consulting, banking, finance, business management, or urban planning.
- Additional professional development, certifications, advanced education (MBA or graduate degree in urban planning, public policy or another related field) preferred.
- Spanish-speaking or other non-English language fluency a plus.
- Willingness to work hours reflective of an executive-level position, with possible regional, statewide and national travel.
Frequently requires use of manual dexterity and repetitive motions, primarily with the wrists, hands, and/or fingers. Must be able to occasionally lift and exert force of up to 40 pounds.
Competitive salary, based on experience, plus a generous benefits package that includes health, dental, life insurance, flexible spending plan, retirement plan, paid parental leave, and domestic partners policy.
Self-Help is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons, regardless of race, religion, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression (including transgender status), age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status, class or family status.
For More Information, Visit: recruiting.ultipro.com/SEL1003SELF/JobBoard/e1d851d8-e92b-4218-a933-82f261578852/Opportunity/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=689e0214-9cfe-4781-b340-7376fa653232