PT ASSOCIATE, HEALTH PROMOTIONS (CA #2021-43)
AMERICAN LUNG ASSOCIATION
||California-San Bernardino/Palm Springs
Other / Not Listed
||Mar 10, 2021
||Entry Level (Less Than 2 Yrs Experience)
||Desired / Not Required
The American Lung Association has an excellent opportunity for a PT Associate, Health Promotions, to join our incredible team in the California Region. Working as a Health Promotion & Education Team member, you will join an outstanding group of professionals dedicated to our mission: to save lives by improving lung health and preventing lung disease through research, education, and advocacy.
In this role, you will be responsible for supporting the implementation, coordination, and evaluation of lung health programs throughout San Bernardino and surrounding markets and implementing the San Bernardino/Inland Empire LGBTQ Grant. This position is grant-funded.
- Assist the project manager to develop, implement and evaluate public health education programs focused on lung health awareness and smoke-free environments.
- Support coalition-building and conduct community outreach and education activities within the service area.
- Maintain and strengthen relationships with community partners to encourage program delivery, sustainability, and growth across assigned areas.
- Work with manager to support all aspects of grant and program activities including trainings, presentations, forums, etc.
- Effectively use timelines and work plans to ensure completion of program deliverables.
- Contribute to quarterly reports and grant reporting activities.
- Research and support implementation of best practices for smoke-free programs and initiatives within assigned populations.
- Collaborate with project team in growing American Lung Association programs within assigned territory.
- Provide support for California mission and development events such as LUNG FORCE Walks and Expos, facilitator trainings, and other related activities.
- Actively participate in and support local coalitions.
- Participate in national American Lung Association program workgroups and committees as requested.
- Provide support for annual reports, awards, grants, and other activities assigned.
- Participate in and support community-related programs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in public health or related field preferred.
- Some experience in public health or related field.
- Experience working in partnership with the LGBTQ community preferred.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral).
- Excellent customer service skills; ability to clearly articulate the mission and vision of the ALA.
- Project implementation skills to research, develop, and execute specific program deliverables.
- Ability to maintain relationships with medical professionals, public health community, and members of the public.
- Computer literate; knowledge using Microsoft office programs helpful.
- Ability to lift approximately 25 lbs.
- Flexibility to work irregular hours, including evenings and weekends with some overnights required. Must have a valid Driver’s license.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Consistent with its mission, the American Lung Association maintains a smoke-free workplace; all employees must abstain from tobacco use in any form.
For More Information, Visit: www.lung.org/
|HOW TO APPLY
|To prevent spam, free registration is required in order to view job application information on Nonprofit Careers. If you've already registered, login to view details.
Register/Login View More Jobs