SPECIALIST, HEALTH PROMOTIONS (MS #2021-37)
AMERICAN LUNG ASSOCIATION
||Community Building and Renewal|
||Feb 19, 2021
||Entry Level (Less Than 2 Yrs Experience)
||Less Than 2 Yrs
The American Lung Association has a great opportunity for a Specialist, Health Promotions to join our incredible team in the Southeast Region. Working as a member of the Health Promotion & Education Team, you will join an outstanding group of professionals dedicated to our mission: to save lives by improving lung health and preventing lung disease, through research, education, and advocacy.
In this role, you will be responsible for implementing area program goals and assisting with raising funds through grants, underwriting, and other sources to fund mission-based activities. This position is grant-funded.
- Work to develop, implement, and evaluate the Mississippi Tobacco-Free Coalition grant in Jackson County
- Build, maintain, and cultivate relationships with funders, facilitators, and community partners to encourage program delivery, sustainability, and growth across assigned areas in Mississippi, including signature ALA programs
- Coordinate all aspects of grant projects activities, including trainings, presentations, education health fairs, etc. and serve as lead for these activities
- Develop and effectively utilize timelines and work plans to ensure completion of program deliverables
- Explore opportunities to connect and enhance collaborations throughout the Lung Association.
- Contribute to quarterly progress reports and monthly reporting of grant activities.
- Research and implement best practices for the Mississippi Tobacco-Free Coalition grant programs within priority populations.
- Provide outreach and programmatic support for the Mississippi office events.
- Actively participate in coalitions identified in the Scope of Work.
- Assist with research on lung health policy and education issues.
- Provide support for annual reports, awards, grants, and other activities assigned.
- Participate in and support all community-related programs.
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in public health or related field, or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Minimum two years of experience developing and implementing community awareness, education, and programs specifically related to areas of public health
- Prior experience in public health, community relations, public policy, and/or advocacy
- Must be a self-starter with excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Ability to multi-task and positive attitude with the ability to work independently and in a fast-paced team environment
- Ability to lift approximately 25 lbs.
- Able to work with minimum direct supervision, make decisions, and take initiative
- Proven ability to cultivate and steward relationships across a diverse population
- Flexibility to work irregular hours, including evenings and weekends with some overnights required
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office
- Must have exceptional presentation skills including using virtual communication platforms
- Consistent with its mission, the American Lung Association maintains a smoke-free workplace; all employees must abstain from tobacco use in any form
For More Information, Visit: www.lung.org/
|HOW TO APPLY
|To prevent spam, free registration is required in order to view job application information on Nonprofit Careers. If you've already registered, login to view details.
Register/Login View More Jobs