Chief Financial Officer
Job ID: 1422-2021
Location: 5355 NW 86th Street, Johnston, IA 50131
Type: Regular Full-Time; Exempt
Goodwill of Central Iowa (GCI) prepares and places hundreds of individuals into sustainable employment each year through programs and services throughout Central Iowa. GCI has been transforming lives through the power of work since 1955! Goodwill of Central Iowa is a rapidly evolving organization and yet we have never been more focused - on our mission, on our people, and on our future. It's always a GOOD day at Goodwill! We currently have an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as our next Chief Financial Officer.
The Chief Financial Officer provides leadership, vision and overall management and control of the cash, financial and accounting functions, including the budgeting process, property and assets management, and internal and external audits required to maintain Goodwill of Central Iowa (GCI) on a financially viable basis. This role also creates and maintains a high-performance culture in the Finance Department and supports this culture throughout GCI. This role will develop, maintain and evaluate banking relationships. The CFO has oversight of the Information Technology function and staff across GCI and provides expertise and oversight to the payroll function, collaborating with Human Resources and their HRIS. This role is responsible for facilities management for all GCI brick and mortar assets.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, CPA designation preferred.
- Plus 7-10 years of professional experience in finance or accounting; 2+ years’ experience in leadership and managerial roles in finance, payroll or accounting functions.
- Experience with compliance and successful audits.
- Knowledge of tax regulations and laws and GAAP accounting principles.
- Experience working in senior leadership in a not-for-profit and/or for-profit organization. Experience in not-for-profit and state and Federal government contracting services is preferred. Knowledge of contract law and contractual language creation.
Above average ability in the following: verbal and written communication skills, decision making, detail orientation, self-direction, people management, relationship building, judgment, negotiation, analytical, problem-solving
- Ability to be flexible in work hours which may include some nights and/or weekends when required.
- Approximately 15-20% local travel required. Annual conference attendance should be anticipated.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check and a dependent adult and child abuse background check
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license while maintaining a good driving record and meeting the standard of the insurance carriers.
Career opportunities with Goodwill of Central Iowa (GCI) provide so much more than your average position. Revenue from our stores provides skills training and helps people facing any type of barrier find employment. Each position at Goodwill contributes to making a positive impact directly in Central Iowa.
Goodwill of Central Iowa and our affiliates are Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employers (EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability) and E-Verify Participants
If you are ready to work for an organization that believes in the POWER of work, apply today!
CITYVIEW "Best Local Thrift Shop" of 2018, 2019 & 2020 Winner!