DEVELOPMENT COORDINATOR (CA #2021-35)
AMERICAN LUNG ASSOCIATION
||Foundations and Fundraising Coalitions|
Other / Not Listed
||Feb 05, 2021
||Entry Level (Less Than 2 Yrs Experience)
||Less Than 2 Yrs
The American Lung Association has a great opportunity for a Development Coordinator to join our incredible team in the California Region. Working as a member of the Development Team, you will join an outstanding group of professionals dedicated to our mission: to save lives by improving lung health and preventing lung disease, through research, education, and advocacy.
In this role, you will be responsible for maintaining smooth daily operations in the office including equipment, supplies, mail processing, and data entry/management. Works together with the special events team as a point of contact with donors, volunteers, and vendors. Coordinates annual fundraising events with all aspects related to the execution of these events as well as additional development projects. Responsibilities include achievement of revenue goals through volunteer recruitment, participant coaching, team and relationship building, marketing, and logistics. Additional responsibilities are varied depending on the current staffing needs.
- Facilitate community representation and manage all daily operations for the local office.
- Together with the Director of Development and/or the Development Manager, implement the area development plan through special events and other revenue sources.
- Coordinate planning for fundraising or stewardship events. Recruit, train & supervise event day volunteers. Prepare reports as required. Execute the constituent engagement plan using various electronic systems.
- Work together with members of the events team to meet or exceed annual revenue goals. Participate in the creation, planning, and implementation of new and existing projects.
- Coordinate and oversee event logistics: develop and monitor event project timelines and implementation. Negotiate with vendors to achieve favorable prices that ensure adherence to established budget. Prepare and monitor ongoing event progress reports.
- Oversee and develop volunteer and intern program.
- Recruit, coordinate, and coach community event team captains and volunteers. Cultivate relationships and effectively engage volunteers. Work with the Development team to increase event participation and revenue. Serve as liaison for customer service and troubleshooting for signature events and internal kickoffs.
- Ensure that all donations, including those submitted by others on behalf of our constituents (e.g. matching gifts, donor advised funds, etc.), are properly recorded in the system.
- Generate reports through the various online platforms to retrieve data required for business management and operations.
- Serve as location lead for the development of event websites and content updates, utilizing ALA best practices, software, and guidelines.
- Coordinate the implementation of e-communications, mailings, and donor acknowledgments.
- Work with the Marketing and Communications department to create and disseminate special events promotional materials.
- Oversee the utilization of ALA databases and e-commerce platforms, Convio & ROI, serves as special events lead on ROI.
- Complete special projects as assigned by the Development Manager, Development Director, or Executive Director.
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing or related field preferred
- One or two years of fundraising experience preferred with proven experience recruiting and coordinating volunteers
- Superb organizational and time management skills with an excellent attention to detail and independent follow through in a fast-paced environment
- Strong computer skills with website communication, social media, and database systems
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher)
- Familiarity with InDesign and Convio helpful
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A team player with a positive attitude; comfortable working with all levels of staff
- Flexibility to work occasional irregular hours, including evenings and weekends with some overnights possible
- Must hold a valid driver's license.
- Ability to lift and carry 25 lbs. (event supplies)
- Consistent with its mission, the American Lung Association maintains a smoke-free workplace, all employees must abstain from tobacco use in any form.
To apply, send a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to (include the job title and the job number in the subject of the email):
Human Resources Department
American Lung Association
The American Lung Association is dedicated to a diverse workforce.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
For More Information, Visit: www.lung.org/
|HOW TO APPLY
|To prevent spam, free registration is required in order to view job application information on Nonprofit Careers. If you've already registered, login to view details.
Register/Login View More Jobs