Coordinates a broad range of support activities for the foundation’s scholarship program. Serves as the initial point of contact for inquires and concerns regarding foundation scholarships.
1. Coordinates the daily aspects of the foundation’s scholarship program to support and monitor student disbursements. Addresses student concerns related to scholarship programs.
2. Creates and maintains reports to verify student eligibility of scholarship requirements.
3. Prepares and sends out award notification to scholarship recipients. Regularly reviews eligibility and enrollment/changes, and communicates related information to students.
4. Identifies issues/trends by working closely with Financial Aid, Answer Center, Advising and other student services departments to resolve issues related to scholarship disbursements. Prepares reports to detail related findings, researches and makes recommendations for management action.
5. Regularly reviews and updates the scholarship platform. Gathers and reviews any feedback in regards to the platform content and makes recommendations for changes.
6. Coordinates and maintains a collection of student thank you notes and testimonials.
7. Participates in researching and recommending improvements to the scholarship disbursement process.
8. Collects and reports data related to scholarship disbursements for grant reporting and other donor reports.
9. Maintains scholarship disbursement process compliance with all related laws, rules and policies.
10. Supports supervisor with special donor recognition initiatives to support the foundation’s philanthropic mission. Provides support for donor recognition events and planning as needed.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution
2. Experience working with students in an educational setting.
3. Experience creating and presenting reports.
1. Experience working with students at a two-year college.
2. Experience interpreting and following financial aid regulations, policies and processing methods.
3. Experience with tracking scholarship disbursements and researching solutions for disbursement issues.
4. Experience with events planning and organization.
1. Ability to clearly communicate orally and in writing.
2. Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism for sensitive or confidential communications.
3. Ability to learn and understand federal and state regulations.
4. Ability to organize workload and establish priorities.
5. Ability to reason and exercise judgment and discretion.
6. Ability to take initiative and work with limited supervision.
7. Ability to conduct research, make recommendations, and prepare reports and spreadsheets.
8. Ability to perform work that requires a high level of attention to detail.
9. Ability to travel between campuses and to various worksites in the Orlando area, as needed.
10. Ability to work effectively in a diverse community, and meet the needs of diverse student and employee populations.