DIRECTOR, HUMAN RESOURCES
HOUSING TRUST SILICON VALLEY
||California-Silicon Valley/San Jose
||Housing and Homelessness|
||$125,000/Yr - to - $140,000/Yr
||Nov 25, 2020
||Desired / Not Required
Are you a human resources professional looking to have a positive impact on the biggest challenge facing our region? Are you dedicated and mission driven? And, do you take pride in your work and thrive in a collaborative environment with people who also exhibit these qualities? If so, Housing Trust Silicon Valley is the place for you.
Nurturing our culture and sharing our values is high priority for Housing Trust as we double our loan portfolio and significantly grow our staff. As Human Resources Director you will act as a strategic business partner to functional leaders on management, recruiting, career development, and employee relations. You will be a critical member of our DEI team. You’ll look ahead to keep us compliant as we add new employees, customers, and offices while ensuring we continue to be a leading place to work.
This is an ideal opportunity for someone who is interested in effecting meaningful change on one of the most pressing issues facing our region – creation and preservation of housing for extremely low- to middle-income people. Who will be successful in this role? Someone who has knowledge of HR policies and procedures gained through previous experience of working in a generalist HR role. Someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment anchored by creativity, innovation and inclusion. Someone who is committed to infusing the values of racial equity, diversity, and inclusion into the entire organization, policies and practices.
Perhaps, someone like you?
Human Resources Operations
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations including accurate employee records and necessary trainings are completed and managers are aware of compliance requirements. Review and recommend best practices.
- Maintain the Employee Handbook including obtaining legal review annually. Develop and implement human resources policies, procedures and programs as necessary. Ensure employees are aware of policies and are trained on those that require training.
- Drive employee benefits design and decision-making.
- Manage operations, with a team comprising of an Office Manager.
- Partner with accounting group on matters related to payroll, benefits, and HRIS administration, including new hires, transfers, terminations, job changes, salary adjustments, etc.
- Understand our company goals and values and align our people practices with them. Drive values discussions and help infuse values throughout our programs and operations.
Recruiting, Engagement, Retention
- Continually monitor and maintain the commitment to create an inclusive culture where all people are welcomed, valued, and heard.
- Manage recruiting process and implement process and technology improvements.
- Assess employee development needs and make recommendations for appropriate solutions. Encourage managers to provide development opportunities to staff and help them rate and assess opportunities.
- Ensure training is provided to new managers and oversee the onboarding process for new employees.
- Lead the performance review process and tie in our values with reviews. Encourage ongoing feedback from managers to employees. Assist managers in providing specific feedback that facilitates career development.
- Manage internal communications systems and education materials that may include a website page, email, print, video, or other creative platforms.
- Partner with departments for all hands meetings to ensure appropriate level of communication occurs.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred with 7 to 10 years human resource experience in a small, growing company
- Proven experience in talent management with knowledge of policy interpretations and legal requirements (Employee Engagement, Recruitment and Retention, Employee Relations, Compensation and Benefits, etc.)
- Able to compile information and analyze data to drive decision making
- Must possess a high level of problem-solving skill
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills, and can effectively communicate with all employee and management levels
- Prior experience and/or strong interest in working in non-profit organization
- Able to exercise good judgment and discretion, maintaining confidentiality
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint; expertise in Excel
For More Information, Visit: housingtrustsv.org/about/careers/
|HOW TO APPLY
|To prevent spam, free registration is required in order to view job application information on Nonprofit Careers. If you've already registered, login to view details.
Register/Login View More Jobs