Remember Land is a new nonprofit that aims to steward evolving models of humans living in right relationship to land and with each other. We offer education on practices relating to nature that heal the environmental, social, and spiritual roots of our current climate crisis and promote social welfare through a shared commitment to environmental health and restoration based upon the principle of universal responsibility.
As stewards to 675 acres of land containing diverse, bountiful plant and animal life on the western side of Bells Mountain, part of the Cascade Mountain range; Remember Land is humbly listening and cultivating ways to heal and evolve participation in life and all its cycles. This is a co-created and ever-unfolding exploration with reverence, respect, responsibility and belonging at the forefront.
Remember Land Values: Awareness, Humility, Reverence, Enchantment, Pan-generational Consciousness, Compost, Emergence, Belonging, Learning.
The Development Director’s primary responsibility is to develop and implement strategic plans to raise funds for Remember Land. Duties include overseeing and managing fundraising efforts, building strong and enduring relationships, maintaining communications with donors and patrons, collaborating with the Executive Director, board, staff and volunteers to execute successful fundraising events.
The Director reports to and works closely with the Executive Director. As a new position in a growing organization, the Director will have the opportunity and responsibility to build fundraising systems and processes, including the development and maintenance of the donor database.
The Development Director, along with the Executive Director’s assistant will temporarily lead some administrative functions within the organization.
1) Develop and execute Remember Land’s annual fundraising plan and programs, directing a variety of annual fundraising activities and special events with donors of all sizes.
• Oversee grant activities including:
• Proposal writing
• Reporting Requirements
• Develop and manage fundraising, including:
• Database management
• Impact measurement systems
• Donor stewardship and recognition programs
• Meeting prospective donors and supporters on a continual basis:
• Establishing effective touch points
• Working with donors of a variety of scales
• Grow a major gifts program:
• Identification, cultivation, and solicitation of major donors
• Developing planned giving focused on deferred gifts such as bequests
• Effectively engage the Remember Land Board members:
• With personal giving and solicitation of gifts
• Act as a knowledge base to support Board members
• In thinking about fundraising
• In implementing strategies for success
• Attend public and private events to share information about Remember Land:
• Cultivating requisite awareness of Remember Land storytelling
• Cultivating planned activities, remaining aware of future possibilities
• Singling out projects with high likelihood of funding success
2) Ensure meaningful communications and impact reporting are regularly delivered to funders, donors, board members, staff and community to nurture ongoing support. Staff Board Development Committee meetings (when established), lead Board & Staff communications, manage contract administration for property management and development services (temporary). Learn the model, sync and develop appropriate development stories and feature projects.
Capabilities & Experience
Knowledge and experience developing fundraising programs and donor information systems from the ground up, experience with startup nonprofits. Knowledge of local capacity building funders, national foundations funding conservation and climate resilience. A minimum of 5 years experience in professional fundraising, including 2 years of donor development.
• Interpersonal skills include:
• Empathic listening and communication
• Ability to motivate and manage effectively through systems
• Integrity and care of people, planet and community
Broadly speaking we seek candidates with the ability to cultivate a warm and approachable presence balancing self-confidence with humility. Ideally administratively intuitive and well organized.
• Requisite experience:
• Expertise with donor databases
• Grant writing background
• Experience managing successful grant applications
• Track record of successful partnership development
• Proactive and creative in funding strategies
• Setting and achieving donor acquisition and annual giving goals
Research and seek to discover new and non traditional forms of grants, contracts and funding focused on building creative economy, social capacity, climate smart systems, integrated educational infrastructure, with a growing knowledge of international SDG initiatives.
A Bachelor’s Degree is preferred, especially in Nonprofit Management, Business Administration, Communications, Marketing, or other related fields. Cultural competency and passion for promoting a sense of belonging across diversity of age, gender, race, sexual orientation, gender identity, class, learning differences, and spiritual beliefs.
This team relies on digital tools such as Google Suite, Slack, Email and Online conference tools. Experience with remote work/distributed team members is essential.
Collectively moving towards a future where people live in alignment with the earth and each other, Remember Land envisions a world where the human and other-than-human community is in balance. Here, human actions directly contribute to a transformative restoration that addresses climate change, responds to historical impact with a new legacy of healing, honors the world as enchanted, and builds on the foundation for a resilient future.
As a nascent organization, our internal culture is still developing. We are founded on the principles of respect for all peoples and the earth, recognition of a spiritual dimension as a fundamental aspect of human nature, cooperation, community, social justice, and responsibility to restore the regenerative capacity of our planet.
We model alternative approaches for using money to provide value to human and natural systems. This role requires someone conversant in radical economic thinking, awareness of the current collapse of current systems and norms while also being able to smoothly navigate conventional financial conversations.
Competitive and commensurate with experience and leadership qualities.
Remember Land is located on Bells Mountain, near Battle Ground, Washington. Just 45 minutes from Portland, Oregon.
For More Information, Visit: rememberland.org