INDIAN VALLEY PUBLIC LIBRARY
||Library or Resource Center|
||Sep 21, 2020
||Mid Career (2+ Years Experience)
||Desired / Not Required
The Development Officer supports the activities of the Indian Valley Public Library. Reporting to and in partnership with the Library Director, the Development Officer leads development efforts as the library continues to gather resources, learn about its stakeholders, and grow.
PRIMARY DUTIES: Donor Relations & Fundraising (60%)
- Create a case for support: Coordinate with staff to identify needs, develop projects and build awareness for funding.
- Cultivate individual donor relationships with the Library through personal visits, correspondence, prospect and donor receptions, appeals, etc.
- Actively solicit gifts for priority projects, programs and services.
- Build the donor base and further relationships with donors.
- Develop and nurture a planned giving program for the Library, potentially in collaboration with other community nonprofits.
- Continue building the endowment to provide long-term support for the Library.
- Manage the donor database, track contributions and research prospect information.
- Manage fundraising records and provide timely reports.
- Manage appropriate recognition of donations to Library.
- Draft annual fundraising goals working with the Library Director, based on needs and opportunities, as supported by the Board.
- Serve as staff for Library Events, providing input on planning and support on implementation of all fundraising activities.
Community Relations & Marketing (30%)
- Engage with Indian Valley community as an active, involved citizen.
- Make personal appearances and give presentations to various audiences to develop relationships and promote the Library.
- Direct efforts to increase the Library’s prominence in the community as an organization worthy of support.
- Work with the Library Director and staff to develop and implement a public relations plan.
- Participate in planning communications for Library programs, events and press releases
- Attend library staff and board meetings as necessary.
- Engage staff, Trustees, and Foundation of Friends appropriately in the fundraising process.
- Network with development professionals and local peers.
Administration (10%) (participate in executive team; engage staff and stakeholders in fundraising; network with professional peers)
Other Required/Preferred Skills & Experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Successful experience in nonprofit financial development including operating, capital and endowment fundraising. Outstanding organizational and interpersonal skills. Proven attention to detail and follow-through. Intermediate (or better) computing skills and database management. Commitment to confidentiality. Excellent written and oral communication skills, shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences, courteously and professionally interacts with all Library stakeholders. DonorPerfect experience a plus.
Bachelor’s degree required; at least two years of fundraising experience, ideally in a small shop with hands on responsibility for multiple strategies.
Job Hours: 37.5
Salary: Commensurate with experience
For More Information, Visit: www.ivpl.org
|HOW TO APPLY
|To prevent spam, free registration is required in order to view job application information on Nonprofit Careers. If you've already registered, login to view details.
Register/Login View More Jobs