||Community Building and Renewal|
||Aug 12, 2020
||Mid Career (2+ Years Experience)
||Desired / Not Required
Job Title - IT Coordinator - Collective Member
Job Purpose - As a member of the Workers Collective of BICAS, the IT Coordinator is responsible for configuration and maintenance of computer and communication systems. Provides the technology that gives others the tools they need to work. This is a non-exempt position as defined in the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide technical support for both hardware and software issues that users encounter
- Monitor the system daily and respond in a timely manner to security or usability concerns
- Create and verify backups of data
- Respond to and resolve help requests
- Upgrade systems and processes as required for enhanced functionality and security issue resolution
- Administrate infrastructure, including firewalls, databases, licensure, malware protection software, and other processes
- Install and test computer-related equipment
- Update and organize files/data related to technical systems
- Establish policies and procedures for BICAS’ technology and social media use
- Grant writing - apply to appropriate agencies for used computer equipment
- Attend IT Committee meetings with members of the Board and Collective to ensure that Committee responsibilities are fulfilled
- Revise IT policies and procedures when appropriate
- Provide input on the IT budget and the payroll budget
- Responsible for IT related correspondence, filing, and retrieval.
- Engage in continuous quality improvement of BICAS IT practices
Collective Duties & Responsibilities
- Participating (time keeping, stack, note-taking, facilitating) in two 2-hour Collective Meetings per month - 1st and 3rd Wednesday 6:30pm
- Participate in Annual Retreat (3rd Monday in February)
- Participate in at least 1, but preferably not more than 3 standing committees. This includes attending 1x month meetings and participating in additional committee work as needed (approx 2-8 hrs/month per committee). One of these committees must be the IT Committee, for which the IT Coordinator will recruit, schedule, & facilitate.
- Participate in occasional working committees such as: hiring committee, art auction committee, building committee, retreat planning committee, and/or other ad hoc committees
- Participate in Peer Review process
Shop Duties & Responsibilities
- Up to two (2) Shop Shifts per week - see Shop Mechanic Job Description - no minimum
Anticipated Weekly Hours Break-Down
Shop Shifts - up to
Collective & other Committee work/meeting
- Personable and self-motivated personality who can work efficiently and effectively on their own, in a group, and one-on-one in a high pressure customer service environment
- Ability to multi-task and balance several customers simultaneously
- Ability to work with a diverse population while observing sensitivities and differences
- Ability to foster an environment of empowerment and cooperation
- Desire to learn and teach
- Passion for bikes and bicycling
- Basic equivalent to U.S. High School graduate
- Comprehensive Knowledge of HTML/CSS, PHP, Java, maintenance of computer networks and of the following operating systems: Windows Linux OSX.
- GDrive - Gdoc, Gsheet, Gform
- Experience as a System Administrator or Programmer.
- User experience and maintenance of CiviCRM, Wordpress, Photoshop
- Social media strategy and professional
- Other web/graphic design experience is a plus.
- Consensus-based decision making
- Meeting facilitation
- Ability to communicate technical information to nontechnical audiences, including novice and or distressed users.
- Knowledge of bicycles/bicycle mechanics is not required, but is desired.
- Strong Communication skills including: interpersonal, electronic, and group settings
- Ability to work collaboratively with Collective and community members
- Shop hours Tues-Sun 10:45 am to 6:15 pm
- Must be available 1 weekend shift per week
- Hot in summer and cold in winter
IT System Description
BICAS is a 30-year old nonprofit with multiple data systems in various platforms. We are principally using Google Drive for administrative and shop functionality. We have a WordPress website that ties in to CiviCRM. We use the Square Register function in the shop and at events. And we have a custom Java in-house program for tracking Community Tools, Work-Trade, and Community Service usage. Our equipment is mostly old and “new to us” and our users are a combination of technically confident and competent to beginners. We also have a comprehensive Camera and Security system.
For More Information, Visit: www.bicas.org
|HOW TO APPLY
|To prevent spam, free registration is required in order to view job application information on Nonprofit Careers. If you've already registered, login to view details.
Register/Login View More Jobs