President and Chief Executive Officer
Goodwill of Central Iowa
Goodwill of Central Iowa has begun a search for a President and Chief Executive Officer. We are looking for someone with the passion for people who have obstacles to employment and a desire to train and support them to realize their career opportunities. This is an exciting and challenging time for the GCI Organization and so would be an ideal opportunity for a leader with the background to stabilize and grow an organization. GCI has a great deal of unexplored potential in both its Mission and Operations functions despite the Organization’s 65-year history of success. This is a dynamic CEO role for a person who is already an accomplished executive or a person who is ready to assume the top position of an Organization.
The President and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) is responsible for the overall leadership and day-to-day oversight of a Goodwill accredited organization to assure the effective execution of the Goodwill Mission in the Central Iowa region of the State of Iowa. This role oversees the financial, programmatic and operational performance of the Organization, including administration, strategic planning, mission program expansion and execution, fundraising, human resources, retail and related operations, community relations and asset management. The President and CEO is a member of the Operating Board of Directors and the Foundation Board of Directors. This person would lead a team of 4-6 capable senior leaders who are guiding the Organization’s Mission programs and daily operations today.
Goodwill of Central Iowa is not your traditional not-for-profit organization. Our Mission is to change lives of Central Iowans with barriers to employment by helping them earn and keep jobs through workforce training in our businesses and your communities. To that end, we provide skills training in Food Service, Janitorial, Retail and Industrial industries; pre-vocational skills training in warehouse, retail and e-commerce; and supported employment services. In the last 10 years, we have served over 42,000 individuals with employment barriers. Since 2008, we have helped more than 5500 people find employment. And kept 20.7 million pounds of goods out of landfills. Our programs are funded by retail operations in 14 locations across 22 counties in Central Iowa and salvage and recycling activities powered by 265 employees with an operating budget of over $20 million annually.
Successful candidates will be able to exhibit the following skills, demonstrated experience and history of career performance in the following areas:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in business, education or related discipline or equivalent work experience
- 10-15 years of progressive leadership experience in a Goodwill operation, non-profit, retail or consumer-minded organization, including in a CEO level role.
- Specialized training/experience in building an organization’s revenue and budget from $10 to $25 million and beyond and historical success in a turnaround situation.
- Sound fiscal management of multi-funding streams and effectively using that expertise to create fiscal forecasts and annual budgets to respond effectively to variances in the business environment.
- Demonstrated ability to provide direction to an executive leadership team and lead a de-centralized, multi-site organization.
- Experience in creating an executable business vision and strategic plans that create viable long-term outcomes.
- Above average communication skills and ability to make impactful presentations and influence behavior.
- Create positive community relationships through a credible personal presence and focus on stakeholder needs.
- Exhibit executive courage and decisiveness while encouraging open culture to feedback, delegation and employee development and self-discovery.
- Ability to work through others and build exceptional teams that can effectively execute on strategic plans.
- Exhibit a passion for the mission of the Organization and the outcomes necessary to meet stakeholder needs.
This position provides a competitive salary and benefit package, including life, LTD, STD, health, dental and vision, 403(b), flexible spending plan and PTO. The President/CEO position is located at the GCI Headquarters in Johnston, IA.
Candidates can apply directly through the job board website and/or submit their resume and questions to Kris Jensen, Human Resource Chair, Goodwill Operating Board of Directors, firstname.lastname@example.org
, 515-265-5323, ext. 247
Career opportunities with Goodwill of Central Iowa (GCI) provide so much more than your average position. Each employee is an essential part of fulfilling our mission of improving the quality of life for all individuals. Revenue from our 14 stores provides skills training and helps people facing any type of barrier find employment. Each position at Goodwill contributes to making a positive impact directly in Central Iowa.
Goodwill of Central Iowa and our affiliates are Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employers (EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability) and E-Verify Participants
If you are ready to work for an organization that believes in the POWER of work, apply today!
CITYVIEW "Best Local Thrift Shop" of 2018, 2019, & 2020 Winner!
For More Information, Visit: www.dmgoodwill.org