The Major Gift Officer is responsible for the cultivation, solicitation, expansion, and tracking of major gifts of $1,000+ for the Glacier National Park Conservancy to help meet its mission to preserve and protect Glacier National Park for future generations.
About the Glacier Conservancy
As the official philanthropic partner for Glacier National Park, the Glacier National Park Conservancy provides funding for projects inside Glacier National Park that would not be possible without private support. In 2020, the Conservancy will fund a record 75 preservation, scientific research, and educational projects across Glacier National Park totaling over $2.5 million dollars.
Headquartered in Columbia Falls, Montana, we do this important work with the help of a robust, national volunteer Board of Directors, a passionate and professional staff of 15 full-time co-workers, a close relationship our park partners, and the support of dedicated business partners and donors in the Flathead Valley and around the world.
Experience and Job Requirements
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong written, oral communication, and relationship building skills.
- Must have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, meet deadlines, be team oriented, demonstrate strong organizational skills, take initiative and be self-motivated.
- Ability to work as a collaborative team member within a fundraising program in support of GNPC mission, goals, and culture.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications is required.
Major Donor Cultivation:
- Contribute to the Conservancy’s annual fundraising goals by managing an increasingly productive portfolio of individual and corporate major donors.
- Work to identify and qualify potential new donors to establish relationships that will result in a major gift.
Research and Planning:
- Create and implement evaluative tools to provide regular qualitative and quantitative
reporting on the effectiveness of major donor philanthropy for the GNPC.
- Create and implement an annual plan for major gift philanthropy that includes dates, data, responsibilities, and goals.
- Must be able to manage sensitive confidential data in a professional manner and in accordance with strict ethical standards. Must be able to identify complex issues and resolve conflicts in a swift and
professional manner ensuring the highest level of service.
Compensation for the Major Gifts Officer will range between $52,000 and $62,000 depending
on experience. The Glacier National Park Conservancy offers a benefits package that
includes support for health insurance, paid vacation and sick leave, and a Simple IRA
Please email cover letter, resume and 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org
For complete job description go to https://glacier.org/about-us/employment/
Position open until filled.
For More Information, Visit: glacier.org/about-us/employment/