Join Our Team.
Valencia College is now a Manager, Grants Development & Special Projects hiring to join the Research Development team.
In this role you will be responsible for all pre-award activities, including the identification of potential public and private funding sources, as well as the preparation of assigned grant proposals ensuring compliance with granting agency and college policies. Serves as a liaison to Deans, faculty, and staff on pre-award activities. This position will also be responsible for performing special projects post-award grant management duties.
At Valencia College, it’s more than just a job. We understand the importance of fostering a collaborative environment and achieving a true work/life balance.
Join one of the largest community colleges in Florida, recognized as one of “The Great Colleges to Work For” by The Chronicle of Higher Education, and the inaugural winner of the Aspen Prize for Community College Excellence, take the first steps by completing and submitting an online application for this position. There are plenty of places to find employment, but at Valencia College, you'll find fulfillment.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution plus two years of demonstrated successful experience in grant proposal development and /or project management. (Required) (Master's degree preferred)
- Recent extensive and successful proposal writing experience, which includes researching grant agencies, private foundations, and corporate foundations. (Required)
- At least three years’ grant proposal writing experience to public, private foundations, and corporate foundations preferred
- A demonstrated commitment to equity and inclusion
Please CLICK HERE for more information about this position.
Valencia’s Total Rewards package, features:
- Free medical, dental benefits and paid life insurance premiums
- Generous paid time off - vacation leave, sick leave, personal days, spring break, winter break, and other holidays
- Florida retirement membership
- YMCA membership benefits
- Educational and Professional development opportunities for you and your dependents and so much more….
Moreover, we believe you will appreciate the commitment to work-life balance plus the inspiring, motivating, and teamwork-oriented environment that we enjoy every day.
- Orlando, FL 32835 - District Office
Valencia College has campuses conveniently located throughout Central Florida that are accessible by local freeways, expressways and surface streets. But the convenient commute is just part of the appeal.
As one of the fastest growing cities in America, Orlando offers just the right mix of laid-back Florida lifestyle and the amenities of a big city, making it a great place to live and work.
Department: Research Development
Salary: $47,722 to $59,354 Per Year
Availability Requirement: Monday to Friday 8:00 to 5:00 (Hours subject to change based on business needs).
Closing Date: Wednesday September 4, 2019 at 7:00 PM EST
If this opportunity sounds inspiring, please complete and submit an online application along with a cover letter and resume to be considered for this position.