Training Operations Coordinators
Do you want to color-code the world, and do databases make you giddy? We want to talk to you! The Management Center (TMC) is seeking Training Operations Coordinators to support our growing team. We’re looking for candidates who are highly organized, passionate about details, excited to support the progressive & educational equity movements, and who thrive on making things run well.
Who We Are
Our mission is to help social change leaders learn how to build and run more effective organizations so they can deliver great results. Founded in 2006, we have helped shape the practices of hundreds of influential organizations and thousands of individual managers, focusing in particular on leading progressive organizations working for social change. Our clients work on issues – like promoting immigration reform, fighting for racial, economic and gender justice, advocating for educational equity, and protecting voting rights – where they face an inherently uphill battle and so must fight more effectively than their opponents if they are going to win. We aim to help them do that by making their organizations as effective as possible through providing coaching, training, and publications for the broader field.
Our training program has experienced significant growth in recent years, with demand for our trainings at times outpacing our capacity to meet it (hence the need for a third Training Operations Coordinator to help us increase the number of trainings we’re able to offer).
As a Training Operations Coordinator, you will manage all of the details for the trainings that we provide to organizations and individuals across the country. Your job will be to set trainers and clients up for a phenomenal training experience through seamless logistics and planning.
To be specific, TMC offers two types of training! We offer in-house trainings for clients who would like us to come to them and we offer open-registration trainings across the country that are available online. While we will not ask final candidates to manage both types of training, we are looking broadly for someone whose eye for detail and logistics is a strong fit for either.
To be specific, you will:
- Work logistics magic for all scheduled trainings so that our clients are delighted to work with us and trainings go off without a hitch, including managing all client communications about our training process; coordinating AV and space requirements with clients; ordering catering as appropriate; ordering shipments from our distribution center & tracking packages to ensure training materials arrive on time; and making sure, post-training, that all participants get follow-up emails and are entered into our database.
- Check in with our trainers to anticipate their training needs, and schedule prep calls between trainers and clients.
- Work with the finance team to ensure we have contracts for each client, generate post-training invoices, and confirm that invoices are paid promptly.
- Manage our event platform to post, monitor, and manage all of our crash course registrations.
- Manage participant and financial data using various software programs such as Salesforce, Arlo, and Streak.
- Manage special projects to include streamlining scheduling or catering processes, as needed.
This is a customer-service-focused position, with the first two bullet points accounting for 75% of your time.
The ideal candidate for this role:
- Thrives in a fast-paced office environment and can manage a high volume of work efficiently without sacrificing quality
- Is known for being highly organized, with strong attention to detail – always triple-checks their work
- Brings a deep customer service sensibility: Empathy, resilience, friendliness, and good judgment in balancing making our clients love us and knowing where to draw the line
- Has excellent problem-solving skills and a strong sense of ownership over tasks, including follow-through, and is willing to do what it takes to get the job done – able to effectively plan and prioritize when faced with competing deadlines
- Has appetite and aptitude to learn more about Excel, Salesforce, and tracking data
Because our clients and colleagues come from a wide range of backgrounds, candidates need to be able thoughtfully navigate issues related to diversity, equity and inclusion, and bring a deep commitment to advancing these values. You’ll also need to fit well with our culture, bringing a strong commitment to excellence, an ability to work quickly but carefully, and appreciation for/patience with our sometimes goofy jokes.
What Else You Should Know
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we make a particular effort to recruit people of color to apply for open positions.
The position is full-time, non-exempt (eligible for overtime pay), and is based in Washington, D.C. The salary range for Coordinator roles is between $51,200 - $61,200, with exact salary depending on experience and new staff rarely starting at the top of the range.
If this seems like you, please complete an application. We will interview on a rolling basis.
For More Information, Visit: managementcenter.applytojob.com/apply/OogGxt8hsc/Training-Operations-Coordinator?source=snp