OPERATIONS ASSOCIATE - VETERAN AND SPOUSE MENTORING PROGRAM
||New York-New York City
||$45,000/Yr - to - $45,000/Yr
||Jul 09, 2019
||Entry Level (Less Than 2 Yrs Experience)
||Desired / Not Required
About this Job
American Corporate Partners is looking for an Operations Associate to join our growing team of enthusiastic employees working to support post-9/11 veterans as they transition from the military to civilian careers. There’s no other organization quite like ACP – we have a unique mission, an entrepreneurial spirit and a personalized approach to our services.
American Corporate Partners (ACP), www.acp-usa.org
, is a non-profit organization founded in 2008 dedicated to helping returning veterans find their next careers in the civilian workforce. ACP has two distinct professional development programs for veterans: a nationwide Veteran Mentoring Program
and an online community of professionals offering free career advice to veterans, ACP AdvisorNet
We are a unique and rapidly growing organization and currently provide mentorships to over 3,000 service members across the country. As ACP continues to expand, we seek to hire a detail-oriented, positive and hard-working individual to join our team of nearly 40 in New York City.
The Operations Associate position involves:
- Creating and supporting mentoring relationships
- Troubleshooting communication and scheduling issues that may arise in mentorships
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with fellow veteran service organizations, universities and corporate partners
- Providing research, writing, and program development support to make our services more efficient and effective
The ideal candidate will be excited by evolving responsibilities as ACP continues to grow
Primary Responsibilities (approx. 75%):
- On-boarding Mentor and Protégé applicants, including reviewing applications and conducting short phone interviews
- Hand-selecting Mentors for post-9/11 veterans based on their career interests, personalities, locations, etc.
- Managing a caseload of mentorships and providing facilitation and high-touch support to mentoring relationships between Fortune 500 leaders and transitioning veterans
- Troubleshooting difficult relationships, providing resources, training and guidance as needed
- Keeping your assigned veterans well-informed of professional opportunities in their local area or fields of interest
- Monitoring new postings on ACP-AdvisorNet.org, ACP's online community
Secondary Responsibilities (approx. 25%)
- Proactively suggesting and implementing ideas for improving ACP's programs
- Working on additional project teams, such as social media, corporate relations, veteran outreach, website design, process improvement, etc.
- Dedication to ACP's mission and a desire to assist post-9/11 service members with their career development
- Commitment to non-profit work
- Bachelor's Degree with a GPA of 3.5 or at least three years of relevant work experience
- Ability to work well independently and in teams
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Strong attention to detail
- Flexibility to evolving responsibilities
- Positive attitude and sense of humor
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Ability to work in Midtown Manhattan, NY
- $45,000/year salary
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Healthcare, vision and dental benefits
Interviews will be conducted in person in NYC.
ACP is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Veterans and military spouses are strongly encouraged to apply.
Visit our Careers page
to learn more about what it's like to work here.
About American Corporate Partners
American Corporate Partners (ACP) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to assisting veterans in their transition from the armed services to the civilian workforce. With the help of business professionals nationwide, ACP offers veterans tools for long-term career development through mentoring, career counseling, and networking opportunities. With the belief that one-on-one relationships enhance an atmosphere of mutual understanding, respect, and support, ACP aims to strengthen the connection between corporate America and veteran communities.
For More Information, Visit: www.acp-usa.org/careers-acp
|HOW TO APPLY
|To prevent spam, free registration is required in order to view job application information on Nonprofit Careers. If you've already registered, login to view details.