NCA ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT AND OFFICE MANAGER
||District of Columbia-Washington/Metro
||Children and Youth|
||Jun 27, 2019
||Mid Career (2+ Years Experience)
||Desired / Not Required
The primary functions of the Administrative Assistant are: 1) to provide direct support to the Deputy Director, and 2) and ensure the seamless management of daily office operations, including working with many vendors and contractors. This position requires advanced organization skills, flexibility, as well as the capacity to manage many projects at once. This position is directly supervised by the Deputy Director.
High-level Support to the Deputy Director
- Maximizing our Deputy Director’s efficiency by managing her day-to-day workflow and correspondence, including: coordinating task management, owning organization of her calendar, drafting and tracking online correspondence, arranging calls, planning business travel, processing expenses and reimbursements, and assisting with research projects.
- Transcribing various meeting notes, distributing minutes, and tracking next steps.
- Working with colleagues across the organization to see through coordination of tasks and execution of duties.
- Able to complete ad hoc projects, tasks and reporting as needed.
Coordinator of all NCA Office Management Functions
- Serving as the NCA Staff’s first contact for all office management-related questions.
- Coordinating internal customer service systems for office systems such as telecommunications, IT, the NCA website, et cetera.
- Procurement, coordination, and oversight of office suppliers, service providers and utilities.
- Spearheading projects related to building maintenance, repairs, and upgrades.
- Managing internal events and meeting planning, i.e. – staff planning days, staff lunches, etc.
- Disseminating mail coming into the office and managing organization’s voicemail system.
- Other duties as assigned.
You’ll Thrive in This Role If:
- You are a gifted project manager able to manage up, down, and across.
- You’re an expert at juggling multiple projects and hitting deadlines.
- You like creating new systems to increase efficiency.
- You’re a self-starter with an ability to anticipate needs and trouble-shoot.
- You are trustworthy with confidential and sensitive information.
- You’re a good communicator, both orally and in writing.
- You have an extremely keen eye for detail.
We expect that the successful candidate will have most, if not all, of the skills we list:
- Bachelor’s degree required;
- Two or more years of professional work experience required;
- At least one year of experience supporting a senior organizational leader preferred;
- Experience with Microsoft Office, particularly Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word;
- Ability to be flexible and agile in a fast-paced work environment.
- Please email your resume and cover letter to recruiter (@) nonprofithr.com
- When submitting your application via email, please title the subject line “NCA Admin Asst & OM”
- Please title all attachments using the following format: “last name, first initial_ document name NCA” (ex. Doe, John-Resume NCA or Doe, Jane-Writing Sample NCA)