||District of Columbia-Washington/Metro
||Children and Youth|
||Apr 30, 2019
||Mid Career (2+ Years Experience)
||Desired / Not Required
About the Organization
National Children’s Alliance (NCA) is the national association and accrediting body for Children’s Advocacy Centers (CACs). Formed in 1988, NCA has been providing support, technical assistance, and quality assurance for CACs, while serving as a voice for abused children for more than 25 years.
The Staff Accountant is responsible for reviewing and coding some of the accounts payable and accounts receivable invoices, employee reimbursements and cash receipts; for preparing and processing documents to disburse funds, make deposits and prepare reports; for compiling and reviewing information for accuracy; and for maintaining Accounting records.
Work is performed by applying knowledge of accounting terminology and using spreadsheets and/or automated accounting systems. This position reports to the Controller and Accounting department staff to ensure that financial records, files and ledgers are accurate.
- Post payments received in cash receipts journal (Checks and electronic payments) and deposit the checks using remote deposit banking
- Post ACH deposits from outside sources (PayPal, other credit card processing systems) and provide monthly reports to Controller and ED for review
- Reconcile all company credit cards, which include obtaining all the receipts
- Accounts payable invoice coding and posting in accounting system
- Process cash disbursements (once approved) and prep for mailing
- Enter signed and mailed check information into aged payables and grants spreadsheet
- Maintains a current and well organized electronic filing system: personnel, vendors, cash and grant related files.
- Update and maintain accounting records as assigned
- Assist accounting department with related work as assigned
- Provide backup support for Office Manager when that person is away from the office
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Bachelor degree (required) in accounting and a minimum 3 years of relevant, demonstrated experience.
- An understanding of accounting principles and information technology is crucial for this position.
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated understanding of accounting principles
- Positive and solution-focused with demonstrated problem-solving skills
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- Sage 50 (Preferred)
- Excellent organization skills
- Great attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task
WORK ENVIRONMENT/ PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Role is primarily sedentary
- May require lifting of up to 20lbs
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
NCA provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, NCA complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the agency has employees. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
|HOW TO APPLY
|To prevent spam, free registration is required in order to view job application information on Nonprofit Careers. If you've already registered, login to view details.