||Mar 01, 2019
||Executive (VP/Senior VP/etc)
Real, Life-Changing, Adventure Ahead...
The Community - Gallup, NM
The next time you're seeking a real, life-changing adventure, Gallup is the place! Nestled in spectacular red rock beauty and located along historic Route 66, Gallup is the one true place that offers enticing outdoor adventures while seamlessly blending awe-inspiring art and rich culture deeply rooted in Native American tradition and its People. Gallup is New Mexico True and a fantastic place to begin your memorable journey. Whether your interests lie in art, culture, outdoor activities, history, rodeo, team sports, shopping, or exploring the remarkable landscapes of the Southwest, Gallup has it all! Gallup. Real True.
The Executive Director (ED) will set strategy and vision, build the Organization's culture, lead the senior team, manage strategic partnerships and ensure adequate resources are in place and are allocated appropriately to exceed the mission objectives of the organization.
Basic Responsibilities (include but are not limited to)
- Responsible to lead the Organization in a manner that supports and guides the organization's mission as defined in concert with the Board of Directors (BOD)
- Responsible for communicating effectively with the BOD providing in a timely and accurate manner all information for the BOD to function properly and to make informed decisions
- Promotes active BOD involvement including recruitment and orientation of new BOD members
- Responsible for the Organization's financial integrity to include submission to the BOD of a proposed annual budget and monthly financial statements that accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization
- Responsible for fiscal management that generally anticipates operating within the approved budget and ensures maximum resource utilization and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position
- Responsible for fundraising and resource development necessary to support and expand the Organization's mission
Mission and Strategy
- Responsible for development and implementation of the Organization's programs that carry out the organization's mission as well as rigorous program evaluation so as to measure program successes that can be communicated to the BOD and key stakeholders
- Responsible for developing and maintaining a strategic plan to ensure mission success and growth into the future
- Responsible for the enhancement of the Organization's brand with the local community, key stakeholders, and nationally to create a model for regional and national replication
- Responsible for the effective administration of the Organization's operations to achieve strategic objectives
- Responsible to lead, coach, hire and retain competent, qualified staff
- Responsible for signing all notes, agreements, and other instruments made and entered into on behalf of the organization
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local regulations
- Reports to the BOD and other staff members report to the Executive Director
- Represents the Organization with partners and coordinates the Organization's program and research activities
- Serves as the key spokesperson and advocate for the Organization's vision, mission, and values and represents the Organization to the broader community
- Together with EDs in other sites provides feedback to the senior team on organizational performance and emerging needs
- Develops and advances the collaborations
- Serves as the front-line spokesperson for the Organization
Qualifications (include education, experience and language skills required)
The ED will be fully committed to the Organization's mission. All candidates should have proven leadership, coaching, and relationship management experience as well as significant fundraising metrics and demonstrated ability to manage a complex set of stakeholder relationships. Concrete demonstrable experience and other qualifications include:
- Commitment and ambition to serve the disadvantaged, address social injustice, and provide a preferential option for the them supported by a belief in a human rights approach to health care and in public systems as fundamental to realizing human rights and the ability to advocate for what is needed to achieve the Organization's mission.
- Native background with preference for local (Navajo) candidates and/or Native candidates with commensurate experience leading an NGO in a Native context.
- Thought leader in the social justice approach to healthcare equity, who is also kind at heart and humble in attitude.
- Proven capacity to manage people and projects including diplomatically handling complex political and interpersonal situations and developing and managing strategies, work plans, performance metrics and budgets.
- Proven capacity to lead collaboratively and yet make tough decisions as necessary; equanimity in dealing with unexpected circumstances; an appetite for hands-on involvement in our work; demonstrated strategic thinking and analytical skills; good judgment, political astuteness and tact; creative problem-solving, flexibility, excellent interpersonal communication skills; impeccable integrity.
- Advanced degree (MBA, MHA, MPH, PhD, MD) with at least ten years of senior management experience effectively leading and regionally scaling and/or nationally scaling a performance-and-outcomes-based organization and staff; ability to point to specific examples of having developed and operationalized strategies that have taken an organization to the next stage of growth.
- Unwavering commitment to quality programs and data-driven program evaluation.
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- Excellence in organizational management with a proven ability to coach, mentor, manage and develop high-performance teams, set and achieve strategic objectives, and manage a budget.
- Past success working with a Board of Directors and the ability to cultivate existing board member relationships
- Strong marketing, public relations, and fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures.
KurzSolutions is committed to improving health outcomes by providing well-managed companies with the top healthcare talent in the market.www.kurzsolutions.com
For More Information, Visit: bit.ly/2SYCiIK
|HOW TO APPLY
|To prevent spam, free registration is required in order to view job application information on Nonprofit Careers. If you've already registered, login to view details.
Register/Login View More Jobs