Human Rights and Civil Liberties
||$60,000/Yr - to - $75,000/Yr
||Feb 13, 2019
Real, Life-Changing, Adventure Ahead...
The Community - Gallup, NM
The next time you're seeking a real, life-changing adventure, Gallup is the place! Nestled in spectacular red rock beauty and located along historic Route 66, Gallup is the one true place that offers enticing outdoor adventures while seamlessly blending awe-inspiring art and rich culture deeply rooted in Native American tradition and its People. Gallup is New Mexico True and a fantastic place to begin your memorable journey. Whether your interests lie in art, culture, outdoor activities, history, rodeo, team sports, shopping, or exploring the remarkable landscapes of the Southwest, Gallup has it all! Gallup. Real True.
General Responsibilities (include but are not limited to)
Reporting to the Administrative Director, the Finance Director serves as a central pivot of the finance team to drive the financial activities. The Finance Director oversees the financial reporting and communications with partner organizations and will play a key role to achieving our mission.
The Finance Director (herein Director), working closely with the Administrative Director, will be responsible for implementing financial policies and procedures in an effort to ensure proper financial controls are in place and all funding is accounted for according to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and reported accurately. The Director will be responsible for all financial-related activities including accounting, reporting, budgeting, and grant compliance.
Specific Responsibilities (include but are not limited to)
The Director will provide general financial support to the organization, including financial accounting, grants compliances and office operations. This individual will work closely with the team related to finance, grants compliance, and development as needed.
Financial oversight (80%):
- Develop, implement, monitor and enforce standardized, integrated financial management systems, organization-wide policies and procedures, and internal controls for operations, including financial management of grant sub-contractors and legal compliance.
- Strengthen global finance and budget reporting systems to ensure transparency and meticulous fiscal oversight, including budget management, financial analysis, timely and automated financial reports.
- Recruit, hire and manage finance staff including: determining priorities, assigning work tasks, coordinating processes, providing direction and coaching, ensuring quality of deliverables, and managing performance.
- Manage all financial aspects of the Program including:
- Prepare and analyze budgets, cash flow projections and monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports;
- Approve and monitor all expenditures, payroll, and contracts according to the approved budget;
- Oversee annual fiscal reporting, including external and internal audits, managing all internal process requirements, serving as the primary finance liaison to the auditor(s), reviewing all preliminary audit reports and recommendations and preparing preliminary responses.
- Review and/or prepare financial portions of grant proposals and interim financial reports;
- Oversee grants compliance including oversight of spending and reporting for specific funds, sub-contracts.
- Oversee subcontracts, including agreement execution, invoicing, and cash transfers.
- Execute purchase orders, contracts with external consultants and/or sub-recipients.
- Prepare financial reports and analyses for the Executive Director, Board of Directors, grants/funders, annual report, as well as executive leadership team to ensure close monitoring of budget to actual performance.
- Update budget, as needed, based on new sources of revenue and/or spending adjustments.
- Lead annual budget process, including the rollout of any budget planning tools and targets.
Strategic Planning (15%)
- Assist Executive Director and Administrative Director to develop strategic plans for operational activity.
- Provide input on operational strategy to ensure financially responsible and impactful organizational growth, including participation in monthly director meetings, Advisory Council meetings, BOD discussions, and quarterly work plan / budget reviews.
- Provide financial input to forecast development needs, including strategies to maximize return and limit risk.
- Advise on funding and development strategies to ensure fiscal responsibility and alignment with organizational strategy.
- Ensure that organizational strategy is aligned with communications and development plan, communicate strategic plan to Program Managers and stakeholders.
Other duties assigned by Executive Director and/or the Administrative Director (5%)
Qualifications (include education, experience and language skills required)
- MBA or equivalent degree required; CPA preferred;
- At least 3-5 years of experience as Finance Director, Accounting Manager, Controller or equivalent;
- Knowledge of accounting software programs and systems.
- Significant experience in or knowledge of nonprofit accounting, including fund and grant accounting, compliance, and reporting;
- High tolerance for ambiguity and ability to juggle competing demands in a fast-paced and challenging work environment;
- Prior experience in managing and leading strong and diverse teams;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; demonstrated ability to interact professionally and with sensitivity with culturally diverse staff and other stakeholders
- Strong operational and business analytics thinking;
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite, Microsoft Dynamics, and other database systems;
- Proven ability to exercise good judgment, demonstrate political astuteness, and tact;
- Prior experience working in Navajo Nation and/or resource-poor settings, a plus
- Strong organizational & writing skills;
- Ability to live in Gallup, NM full-time;
- Interest in social justice and health care issues.
KurzSolutions is committed to improving health outcomes by providing well-managed companies with the top healthcare talent in the market.www.kurzsolutions.com
For More Information, Visit: www1.jobdiva.com/portal/?a=88jdnwtascmz37jcygcvkz9bnaxeq10080ml8al5e3gy8rmi6i1w080m5bzptz7h&compid=0#/jobs/12127963
|HOW TO APPLY
|To prevent spam, free registration is required in order to view job application information on Nonprofit Careers. If you've already registered, login to view details.
Register/Login View More Jobs