THE RANDOLPH FOUNDATION
||New York-New York City
||Foundations and Fundraising Coalitions|
||$75,000/Yr - to - $90,000/Yr
||Jan 25, 2019
||Mid Career (2+ Years Experience)
||Less Than 2 Yrs
The Randolph Foundation
New York, NY
About The Randolph Foundation
The Randolph Foundation is a small NY foundation with a two person office (the president and the operations manager) with an over 25 year track record of effective venture funding of conservative, free market policy start up organizations and projects.
About the Opening
The Randolph Foundation (TRF) is currently seeking a highly-organized and experienced professional to serve as the Operations Manager (OM) in its two person office. Reporting directly to the Foundation’s President, Heather Higgins (HRH), the OM is responsible for a range of operations, office management, HR-related and grants administration duties.
Compensation: Anticipated compensation, depending on experience, is approximately $75k-$90k per year.
- Executes the coding and processing of grant requests, implementing the review process as appropriate, including communications with reviewers and with the board, tracking of proposals, and either declinations or payment of approved grants and other allocations on Blackbaud/GIFTS
- Manages the solicitation and implementation of the Family Gifts Program and Director Allocation grants
- Ensures all communications to grantees are timely and reflect the agreed upon TRF requirements
- Generates reports as needed for management and the board
- Maintains gifts software (Blackbaud/GIFTS), including keeping data current, coding grants, and generating reports
- Ensures all TRF policies meet all legal requirements and are kept up to date, conforming with all laws, and file will be kept current in their applicable binders
- Oversees the budgeting and payment of office supplies and services
- Creates budget for annual Operating Expenditures, based on actual usage, and all bills checked against actual use before being paid
- Oversees office supply purchases
- Interacts with the building manager, TRF attorneys, contractors, repairmen, and service providers as needed
- Ensures filing systems are organized, complete, and current, including for legal records, contracts, financial records, and invoices as well as for grants
- Ensures the office is clean and organized
- Books and tracks travel (presently contracted out to a part time employee)
Finances and expenditures:
- Works with TRF’s accountant and auditor and maintains familiarity with the SAGE financial software system
- Serves as chief point of contact/assistance during the audit including updating the Audit Confirmations, scheduling the Audit Committee meetings, answering Foundation related questions, etc.
- Interacts with TRF’s bank and various money managers to monitor accounts and implement transfers to ensure the accounts are never overdrawn
Insurance and HR:
- Oversees TRF Insurance coverage, working with outside providers in consultation with management
- Submits, tracks, monitors for accuracy all insurance or other reimbursement submissions
- Serves as main point of contact with payroll provider (ADP), responsible for updating with any changes
- Maintains employee/HR files including hire and termination letters
The ideal candidate will possess the following attributes:
- At least 3-5 years of experience in office management, operations, accounting, or related field
- Familiarity with basic budgeting and expense management
- Familiarity with Excel, Word and PowerPoint software
- Alignment with TRF’s mission
- Self-directed and comfortable working independently all day
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF document:
- Cover letter detailing your interest in this position/the mission of the organization, your relevant experience, and salary requirements
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link:
Questions can be directed to Katy Ranville of Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: email@example.com.
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide free consulting and recruiting services to free-market think tanks, policy organizations, research centers, and capacity-building institutions dedicated to advancing the principles of limited government and free enterprise.
Register/Login View More Jobs