The Center for Justice & Accountability is an international human rights organization dedicated
to deterring torture, war crimes, crimes against humanity and other severe human rights abuses
around the world through innovative litigation, policy, and transitional justice strategies in pursuit
of truth, justice and redress for victims and survivors. CJA’s vision is a world in which justice
thrives – where every nation has the capacity and willingness to prosecute human rights
criminals and achieve justice for those most marginalized in society. We believe that the world’s
worst human rights criminals should be brought to justice wherever they are found, as we help
build the rule of law in the nations where the original crimes occurred.
This position contributes to CJA’s overall mission by providing support for donor cultivation
activities and donor information systems, providing administrative support for fiscal and
operational functions, and providing support for board activities.
The ideal candidate will have superb written communication and outreach skills, excellent
project and self-management skills, budgeting and accounting experience, and a strong attention
to detail and deadlines. S/he should be committed to the non-profit/social justice field. This is a
full-time position with benefits.
The Development and Administrative Coordinator jointly reports to the Major Gifts Officer
(80% time), Office Manager (15% time), and Executive Director (5% time), based on tasks and
assignments. S/he also collaborates with other development, program, fiscal and administrative
Event Management (10%)
• Help design strategies, plan, organize, publicize and then work independently to
implement public and donor cultivation events, including outreach, logistics and
• Contribute to development of cultivation event ideas and targets;
• Help manage logistics, caterers, venues, audit-visual and production team, and volunteers
working on events; and
• Participate in event planning and execution, including management and administrative
Donor Cultivation (35%)
• Support goals and planned activities to advance CJA’s individual donor outreach and
• Assist in drafting, design and production of CJA direct mail appeals and campaigns;
• Draft CJA development correspondence, including gratitude and pledge letters;
• Collate information from program staff and use this data to draft and edit routine and ad
hoc reports to donors;
• Design and write content for CJA’s email marketing campaigns in Constant Contact; and
• Assist with prospect research, outreach, materials development, and cultivation of donors
Donor Database Administration (25%)
• Manage and maintain donor database to ensure timely and accurate input of information
and to analyze trends;
• Produce routine and ad hoc data and reports for management (NEON, Excel);
• Maintain electronic and hard copy files on grants and donors; and
• Work with the CJA Office Manager to ensure consistency between the donor database
and accounting system.
Administrative Support for Development (10%)
• Provide support to development team, coordinating volunteers, and providing hands-on
support for mailings, meetings and other activities; and
• Other detailed tasks as assigned.
FISCAL AND OPERATIONAL SUPPORT
Financial, Accounting and Operations (15%)
• Request and organize receipts and closeouts related to staff travel;
• Plan and execute hospitality needs (lunches, meetings, board, guests, etc.);
• Routine review and triage of CJA general emails and requests;
• Inventory and purchase office supplies and help maintain facilities / systems and
• Basic input into accounting system (Quickbooks), as requested;
• Assist with errands and administrative or operational needs;
• Adhere to budget and fiscal requirements and policies; and
• Other detailed tasks as assigned.
Administrative Support for Executive Director and Board (5%)
• Maintain board meetings calendars, bios, contact lists;
• Attend and write up draft minutes from board meetings;
• Provide clerical support to Executive Director (i.e. scheduling meetings, preparing
paperwork and receipts, etc.); and• Other detailed tasks as assigned.
• Minimum of two years of relevant development experience (event planning, donor
engagement, database systems, etc.);
• Minimum of two years of administrative experience;
• Excellent writing and editing skills, with strong attention to detail;
• Knowledge of key social media outlets and functionality (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube,
• Excellent computer skills in Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
• Experience with email marketing programs such as Constant Contact;
• Ability to work independently and strength in multi-tasking, goal-setting and workload
prioritization with strong attention to accuracy and detail;
• Positive and creative attitude, including on creative projects and on administrative
• Bookkeeping experience is preferred;
• Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Acrobat) or
similar programs is preferred;
• Experience with Wordpress or other browser-based Web content management system
(CMS) is preferred; and
• Commitment to human rights and CJA’s mission.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter, resume and three professional references by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please reference “Attn: DAC Search” in the subject line of the email. Applications will be
accepted until the position is filled. No phone calls, please. Only applicants being considered
will be contacted. CJA offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. Salary is
commensurate with experience.
CJA is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse, multicultural work environment.
People of color, women, people with disabilities, and people of diverse sexual orientations and
gender identities are encouraged to apply. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance,
CJA will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
For More Information, Visit: www.cja.org