THE OUT ALLIANCE
||Gay, Lesbian, Bi and Transgendered Issues
||Feb 06, 2018
||Executive (VP/Senior VP/etc)
- Serve as Alliance spokesperson for an intersectional LGBTQ+ community and the necessity of an aggressive inclusion strategy;
- Bring a robust understanding of intersectionality including minimally: race, ethnicity, gender and gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background, disability status, medical status; but also considering factors that include: marital status, parental status, veteran status, etc.;
- Ensure Alliance collaborations and partnerships reflect the above.
Strategy and Vision
- Act as a visionary and lead efforts for the agency while bringing best practices to the table;
- Engage Board, staff, and community stakeholders in a process to help define strategic goals for the Alliance’s short and longer-term strategic plans to ensure mission alignment;
- Work with the leadership team to fulfill the organization’s mission;
- Oversee the plan’s implementation, ensuring necessary funds, staff, and infrastructure are available to realize the plan’s goals;
- Communicate the strategy, its goals, its ongoing progress, and outcomes to the Alliance’s Board, staff, funders, partners and community stakeholders.
Finance and Financial Management
- Ensure that the Alliance has the financial and human resources necessary to achieve the agency’s strategic and operational goals;
- Develop, with the Development Director, Managing Director, and Education Director the annual Alliance budget for board review and approval, ensuring the appropriate allocation of resources and managing toward successful and realistic growth outcomes;
- Bring an informed understanding of government grants and contracts and the appropriate compliance with fiscal and program management functions;
- Ensure the continued fiscal accounting and controls that meet the standards of excellence and best practices, as well as contract, legal and regulatory compliance;
- Ensure the continued organizational understanding of and attention to annual independent audit preparation and process and annual 501(c)3 tax filings;
- Oversee and continually strengthen the organizational systems and structures that support and sustain strategic financial and programmatic goals.
Fundraising and Development
- Partner with the Development Director in the formulation, implementation, management, and expansion of all fundraising and development activities of the Agency.
- Assume ultimate accountability for securing resources needed to support the Alliance’s mission and strategic plan.
- Represent the Alliance and promote its mission and vision within the community at large.
- Direct the overall organizational fundraising strategies in conjunction with the Development Director.
- Work with local and national organizations serving the LGBTQ population.
- Serve as the continuing and consistent face of the fund development efforts in conjunction with Board efforts.
- Analyze and implement earned income strategies.
- Serves at all times as lead ambassador for Alliance and a champion for racial, gender, and disability justice for and with LGBTQ+ communities of all ages. This includes attendance at community events in and out of Alliance and speaking publicly to large and small audiences and groups in a compelling, informed way.
- Maintains and develops a broad spectrum of individual, private, nonprofit, and government relationships at the local and state level. These increase awareness of the Out Alliance and expand our network of partnerships and resources for reach, quality, and volume of program services and funding.
- Ensures programs and services continue to seek LGBTQ+ and social justice community feedback and provide multiple, frequent engagement opportunities in volunteer programs, leadership development programs, advisory boards, the Community Leadership Council, and other potential engagement/feedback opportunities;
- Build and develop coalitions and collaborations with other LGBTQ+ service agencies, as well as other social justice organizations. Develop partnerships and service networks with diverse and traditional youth, senior, family, HIV, health providers, and mental health providers.
- In partnership with the Managing Director, oversee management of ROC Pride Parade and serve as liaison between event planning and marketing staff with committees, center staff, and Board of Directors
- Partner with the Managing Director in hiring and retaining staff for the organizational operations;
- Partner with the Managing Director to ensure existing and potential new programs advance the Out Alliance’s mission, are financially realistic and sustainable, are adequately staffed, advance the Alliance’s commitment to diversity and inclusion, produce meaningful outcomes and adhere to programmatic standards of excellence and best practices;
- Oversee the Alliance’s advocacy and outreach efforts, ensuring policy priorities are aligned with the Alliance’s mission and that strategic collaborations/partners are leveraged.
- Partner with the Education Director to further expand the nationally recognized education program
|HOW TO APPLY
|To prevent spam, free registration is required in order to view job application information on Nonprofit Careers. If you've already registered, login to view details.
Register/Login View More Jobs