DEVELOPMENT & STEWARDSHIP OFFICER
WESTERN RESOURCE ADVOCATES
||Feb 02, 2018
||High School / Equivalent
||Mid Career (2+ Years Experience)
|Founded in 1989, Western Resource Advocates (WRA) is dedicated to protecting the West’s land, air, and water to ensure that vibrant communities exist in balance with nature. We use law, science, and economics to craft innovative solutions to the most pressing conservation issues in the region within three core program areas: Clean Energy, Healthy Rivers and Western Lands.
In the face of population growth and climate change, the Western United States needs a strong and effective advocacy voice at the regional level to address changes that are already underway and to steer the West towards a sustainable future. WRA has aggressive plans to tackle these challenges. We envision a future in the West where:
* Western rivers and lakes will have abundant clean water to support habitat for fish and wildlife, communities and agriculture, and world class recreational opportunities. The Colorado River will flow to the sea;
* Our homes, buildings and transportation systems will be powered by clean energy. The West will prosper in a zero-carbon economy;
* Half of western landscapes and habitat will be protected and connected to support thriving wildlife populations and unparalleled opportunities to enjoy the West’s natural beauty; and
* The West will have clean air and clean water to support healthy communities and vital habitat.
The Development and Stewardship Officer will carry out responsibilities associated with the success of cultivating individual giving at all levels (including major donors), workplace partnerships, and managing donor stewardship. The Development and Stewardship Officer will work to retain existing donors and increase their giving, and grow the number of WRA donors. The Development and Stewardship Officer will also play an essential role in coordinating and providing support to WRA’s President, Director of Development, and Board of Directors in their fundraising activities, and will be responsible for overseeing and coordinating the fundraising efforts of the Major Gift Committee.
The Development and Stewardship Officer will be a critical part of our team. Our chosen candidate will be dedicated to protection of the environment, to the development profession, and eager to uphold best practices while bringing creativity to the job.
The Development and Stewardship Officer reports directly to the Director of Development. This position is based in WRA's Boulder, Colorado office.
* Carry out and provide support to the President, Director of Development, and Board of Directors in fundraising activities for individual giving and workplace partnerships:
-With the Director of Development, establish individual cultivation and giving goals and track revenue toward those goals.
-Qualify existing donors for increased giving.
-Work collaboratively with the Director of Development, Outreach and Events Manager, and the development and communications teams to develop a targeted, creative, and strategic prospect/donor outreach and engagement plan with the goal of building an increased number of individual and major prospects/donors throughout the region and beyond.
-Work in tandem with Director of Development and Donor Relations Manager to coordinate weekly donor outreach by WRA’s President and board members. This will include compiling lists of donors to be called, notes to be written, and follow-up steps to ensure continuous high-level and strategic cultivation.
-Work with Donor Relations Manager to prepare proposals for individual donors; track progress and manage pledges.
-Support the Director of Development in managing the Major Gifts Committee. This will include conducting background research, updating and maintaining the cultivation pipeline, and distributing current/recent donor activities to committee members.
-Build contributions to WRA by promoting workplace giving across the region, including proposal development for Community Shares and other workplace mechanisms.
-Work with Development team to develop and execute custom giving campaigns tailored to each identified audience; conduct post-campaign assessments and reports.
-Work in collaboration with Donor Relations Manager to manage WRA’s participation in each state giving day in our region, including completing the required applications and working with the marketing and communications team to develop and execute marketing activities.
* Work with President and Director of Development to write individual donor communications including correspondence, proposals, appeals, and other fundraising materials:
-Work with Director of Development and Donor Relations Manager to develop, design, produce, and distribute paper and digital appeal packages for targeted individual and major donor fundraising appeals; compile lists and oversee mailings and distribution.
-Work closely with the communications department on other development-related digital outreach and engagement, and ensure that giving information on the website is current and compelling.
* Support Outreach and Events Manager in maintaining constituent records and data base (Raiser’s Edge), and in planning and executing outreach and events:
-Work directly with Outreach and Events Manager to manage Raiser’s Edge donor data program, including gift entry, reports, monthly income reconciliation with the accounting department, and managing the Raiser’s Edge contract.
-Support the Outreach and Events Manager in coordinating special event and outreach planning and execution, including the annual fall fundraising event.
* Develop and manage comprehensive donor stewardship program:
-Work with Director of Development and Donor Relations Manager to develop and maintain a comprehensive and tailored donor stewardship program, including strategic outreach and engagement, communication, cultivation, retention, and renewal/upgrade giving.
-Work collaboratively with Director of Development and Donor Relations Manager to coordinate and execute donor acknowledgements and gift tracking, including creating acknowledgement templates, drafting content for handwritten notes, managing donor calling process, and recording contact/activity reports in Raiser’s Edge.
-Develop management and tracking process for stewardship activities to ensure best practices and to maintain strong donor relationships.
-Work with marketing and communications team to develop/create up-to-date electronic gift receipts on a quarterly basis.
* Other tasks as assigned.
***Job Qualifications ***
* A minimum of three years of development and fundraising experience, preferably in individual giving and major gifts;
* Strong foundation and understanding of development methods, mechanisms, and donor stewardship;
* Excellent research and writing skills are essential for this position;
* Highly organized and energetic person with great people skills;
* Expertise in donor management software, Raiser’s Edge preferred;
* Donor-centric outreach and event planning experience;
* Attention to detail;
* High proficiency with the Excel, Word and other Microsoft Office programs;
* Comfort in “managing up” to guide executive staff to carry out fundraising tasks;
* Dedication to conservation and environmental protection; and
***Salary and Benefits***
Competitive salary based on relative experience. WRA’s excellent benefits package includes health, dental and vision coverage, a 401(k) retirement plan, life & disability insurance, 3-week paid vacation leave, sick leave, parental leave, sabbatical leave after five years, and an RTD EcoPass for staff based in the Boulder/Denver area. Position is full-time exempt.
***Deadline to Apply: February 16, 2018***
Western Resource Advocates is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or veteran status.
For More Information, Visit: westernresourceadvocates.org/about/jobs-volunteer-opportunities/job-announcement-development-stewardship-officer
|HOW TO APPLY
|To prevent spam, free registration is required in order to view job application information on Nonprofit Careers. If you've already registered, login to view details.
Register/Login View More Jobs