RIVER NORTH BUSINESS ASSOCIATION
||Other / Not Listed
||Oct 12, 2017
|About the River North Business Association
RNBA is made up of hundreds of local businesses who share a wide variety of interests and needs. It's the mission of our Association to promote and support members in every way possible, and to help improve the quality of life within the community. We also work hard to keep River North a top-of-mind destination for visitors, touting the area as a unique place to explore, shop, dine, take in the nightlife, and stay at one of our great hotels.
The Executive Director and in partnership with the Board of Directors is responsible for the success of the organization. Together, the Board and Executive Director assure the organization’s relevance to the community, the accomplishment of the organization’s mission and vision, and the accountability of the organization to its diverse constituents. The Board delegates responsibility for management and operations to the Executive Director and she/he has the authority to carry out these responsibilities, in accordance with the direction and policies established by the Board.
1) Board Governance: Works with board to fulfill the organization mission.
● Responsible for leading the River North Business Association in a direction that supports and guides the organization’s mission as defined by the Board of Directors. Refine and implement the strategic plan while ensuring that the budget, staff and priorities are aligned with RNBA’s core mission
● Responsible for communicating effectively with the Board and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions.
● Cultivate a strong and transparent working relationship with the Board and ensure open communication about the measurement of financial, programmatic, and impact performance against stated milestones and goals
2. Financial Performance and Viability: Develops resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the organization.
● Oversee the financial status of the organization including developing long and short range financial plans, monitoring the budget and ensuring sound financial controls are in place; set financial priorities accurately to ensure the organization is operating in a manner that supports the needs of the program and staff
● Achieve new sponsorship and grant money goals while maintaining current sponsorship/grant agreements. Goals to be determined by the Board of Directors.
● Formulate and execute comprehensive marketing, branding and development strategies that will ensure consistency throughout the organization and enhance
revenue from major sponsorships, government agencies, and RNBA members
● Generate and mobilize significant resources in support of a vision from a variety of sources, including government, individuals, and corporate sponsorships.
● Develop a sound strategy for diversifying and expanding the organization’s funding base and set aggressive development goals to increase Sponsorships
● Expand local revenue generating activities to support existing program operations And regional expansion. This should include the active recruitment of large
3.Organization Operations: Oversees and implements necessary resources to ensure that the operations of the organization are appropriate.
● Provide inspirational leadership and direction to all employees, and ensure the Continued development and management of a professional and efficient organization; establish effective decision-making processes that will enable the RNBA to achieve its long-and short-term goals and objective
● In partnership with the President and Vice President, help build a diverse and inclusive Board representative of the community that is highly engaged and willing to leverage and secure resources
● Facilitate cross-departmental collaboration and strengthen internal communications with staff throughout the organization; create and promote a positive, multicultural work environment that supports consistency throughout the organization's strategy, operational
methods, and data collection needs
● Establish and monitor staff performance and development goals, assign accountabilities, set objectives, and establish priorities.
● Serve as the chief spokesperson for the RNBA and assure proper representation of the organization in front of all audiences.
● Seek opportunities to enhance RNBA work and increase capacity of the organization by leveraging existing relationships with members and partners and by creating new strategic relationships that result in sponsorships.
● Strengthen and refine all aspects of communications—from web presence to print and social media and all external relations with the goal of creating a stronger brand and providing better communication with our members.
● Build partnerships with potential members and strengthen existing relationships with current
members through site visits, networking & other activities.
1)A bachelor’s degree
2)Transparent and high-integrity leadership
3)Five or more years’ senior non-profit management experience
4)Solid, hands-on, budget management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision-making, and reporting
5)Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation
6)Ability to convey a vision of RNBA’s strategic future to staff, board, volunteers, and donors
7)Skills to collaborate with and motivate board members and other volunteers
8)Strong written and oral communication skills
Chamber Master a plus
9)Strong computer skills to include Microsoft Office Suite including Word & Excel, Quickbooks, and Dropbox or Google cloud-based document sharing.
10) Strong public speaking ability
PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS REQUIRED
•Outgoing, positive, engaging and enthusiastic
•Excellent attention to detail
•Self-starter, able to work independently and problem-solve
•Strong ability to self-manage with significant strength in time management
•Ability to work on a team and develop relationships in the community
•Detail-oriented, efficient, and able to multi-task
•Strong listening skills; friendly, helpful manner with constituents
This job description in no way states nor implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the jobholder. This is not meant to be an exhaustive list of job duties and essential elements may change when necessary.
For More Information, Visit: www.rivernorthassociation.com
|HOW TO APPLY
|To prevent spam, free registration is required in order to view job application information on Nonprofit Careers. If you've already registered, login to view details.
Register/Login View More Jobs