EDUCATION SALES ASSOCIATE
||Arts, History and Culture
||Oct 02, 2017
||Mid Career (2+ Years Experience)
||No Experience Required
|Education Sales Associate
Childsplay is Arizona’s Professional Theatre for Young Audiences serving young people, teachers, and their families through theatre in the classroom and on stage. The core of Childsplay’s operations is its robust school performance programs, including field trip and tour performances that reach 200,000 children every year. These performances happen daily throughout the school year, both in theatres and directly in schools. Childsplay is seeking a proactive, creative, outgoing individual to join our team to support teachers in booking performances for their schools.
The Education Sales Associate will be in charge of developing relationships with school and community partners, working with the marketing department to create and implement marketing plans to reach schools, and directly selling and booking school groups into Childsplay’s field trip and tour performances. The Education Sales Associate is the first point of contact for many teachers to engage with Childsplay – accordingly we are looking for a passionate, enthusiastic representative of our programming. This full time position will be a part of the Education team, working closely with the Marketing and Production teams to ensure that schools have the best possible arts experience.
• Sell and schedule performance programs to schools
• Work with the Education Team and Marketing to develop engagement strategies for school performance sales.
• Implement and manage sales and marketing plans for field trip and tour performances
• Develop and steward relationships with districts, schools, and teachers
• Provide exemplary customer service experiences for all teachers and school representatives who interact with Childsplay
• Work with the Education team to increase the list of schools that engage with Childsplay
• Work within a collaborative team environment to achieve sales goals
• Understand and maintain a working knowledge of AZCCRS and develop strategies for sharing this information with teachers to enhance their application with theatre and performance experiences
• Stay current with Arizona’s education environment, and how it could impact student attendance and participation in the arts.
The ideal candidate will possess
• Experience in sales or marketing (additional experience in the field of education or theatre preferred)
• Experience in managing budgets and meeting goals
• Comfort with talking on the phone, reaching out to potential patrons in a variety of ways, and addressing customer service issues
• A passion for education, theatre, and Childsplay’s mission as well as a healthy sense of humor
• An understanding of schools, teachers, and the current Arizona education landscape
• Strong technology skills and comfort learning new technology systems
• Previous experience with CRM/database systems, SalesForce or PatronManager preferred
• BA degree in a related discipline e.g. non-profit management, business, education, theatre, marketing, OR equivalent combination of education and experience
• A car, a valid driver’s license and willingness to travel to schools around the Phoenix area
You’ll Be A Great Fit if:
• You multi-task with flair!
• You are comfortable speaking in public and mingling with teachers and children
• You stay cool under pressure
• Talking to people about theatre, education, and their impact on young people makes your day
• You’re self-motivated. When given an idea or a framework you are comfortable taking ownership.
• You are goal oriented
• If you thrive in collaborative environments
• You can find fulfillment in the small parts and the big projects of your job
• You’re always learning. The only thing you know for certain is that you don’t know it all and relish the prospect of being a part of a learning organization.
This is a full-time non-exempt position of 35 hours per week. Salary is $30,000/annually including benefits. Childsplay has a casual office environment and dress code, and unlimited opportunities to develop creative and ground breaking arts education strategies.
No phone calls please, we will contact candidates whose skill sets, education and experience meets the requirements for the job. Please visit our website at www.childsplayaz.org for additional company information. Childsplay is an equal opportunity employer and we value the diversity of our ensemble along with the community we serve. Due to our work in the schools and with young people, all serious candidates must submit to finger printing and a background criminal check.
Applicants are expected to submit a cover letter detailing why you think you’re the best fit with Childsplay and this position along with a resume and two or three professional references. Applications will be accepted until October 20, 2017.
Please send email submissions with the subject line: Application - Education Sales Associate to Korbi Adams, Director of Education and School Programs at firstname.lastname@example.org
Founded in 1977, Childsplay’s mission is to create theatre so strikingly original in form, content or both, that it instills in young people an enduring awe, love and respect for the medium, thus preserving imagination and wonder, those hallmarks of childhood that are keys to the future.
|HOW TO APPLY
|To prevent spam, free registration is required in order to view job application information on Nonprofit Careers. If you've already registered, login to view details.
Register/Login View More Jobs