||Other / Not Listed
||Sep 21, 2017
||Senior Executive (President/CEO)
|About the Arizona Chapter - National Safety Council
Since 1949, the Arizona Chapter National Safety Council (ACNSC) has been committed to keeping people safer and healthier with the highest standards in educating and motivating people to live safer and healthier lives whether at home, work, school, play, or on the highway. The ACNSC is a locally controlled Arizona not-for-profit 501(c) 3 Corporation.
The Arizona Chapter National Safety Council enjoys a long history that connects individuals, organizations, agencies and associations to First Aid/CPR, Defensive Driving, Workplace Safety, OSHA Compliance and more with its high quality curriculum and training. ACNSC takes great pride in its well-trained and very capable instructors that facilitate all of the programs ACNSC offers. In addition, the Arizona Chapter National Safety Council recognizes and honors its members with the Howard Pyle Award given annually to the most impactful upon safety in Arizona.
About the Position
Reporting to the Board, the President is the chief executive officer of the Arizona Chapter National Safety Council and, in partnership with the Board, is responsible for the success of the Chapter. Together, the Board and President assure the Council’s relevance to the community, the accomplishment of the Chapter’s mission and vision, and the accountability of the Chapter to its diverse constituents.
The President has responsibility for management and day-to-day operations in accordance with the direction and policies established by the Board. The President provides recommended direction and enables the Board as it carries out its governance functions.
The President has purview over and is “hands on” in many facets including but not limited to human services, finance and personnel, oral and written communications (external and internal), planning and evaluation, contract negotiations, and governance. The President must be comfortable with diversity and respectful of a wide range of faiths, beliefs and experiences.
• Bachelor’s degree OR an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above, unless otherwise subject to any other requirements set forth in law or regulations.
• Five (5) years of senior leadership administration experience, including two (2) years of management and supervision.
• Two (2) years experience in each of the following areas:
o Business Development/Sales
o Strategic planning and budgeting
o Applying organizational development practices and theories (leading change)
o Developing and implementing marketing and/or assessment plans
o Non-profit management/administration
• Demonstrated excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• A valid Arizona Driver’s License and maintain an acceptable driving record
• Ability to travel a minimum of 20% for the role
• Experience working with/for Boards
• Knowledge in philanthropy/non-profit/government environments
• Experience with financial management
• Experience designing programs/products to serve a broad community
• Entrepreneurial spirit able to excel in a regulated environment
• Demonstrated commitment to service excellence, innovation, integrity, developing people and diversity in the workplace
• Experience as a safety professional/active in professional occupational and safety and health organizations
• Inspirational leadership qualities – visionary, communicative, inclusive, transparent, empowering team builder, engenders trust, good sense of humor
• Agility in effectively handling high stress/high stakes scenarios
Opportunities and Challenges
Growth and Effectiveness
Strategically looking at growing the Chapter with existing products and evaluating new programs and training to advance the awareness and practice of safety as it relates to home, work, school, play or on the highway. This training and education is designed to encourage new attitudes and behaviors while transforming organization policies and practices for an overall safety culture.
Communication is not only critical but can be challenging to connect all stakeholders and groups within all areas; legislative, community, employees, organizations and agencies. The President works closely with the Board, staff, and other stakeholders for coordination, implementation and monitoring to ensure desired outcomes are achieved. Compelling communication will support dealing effectively with demanding situations to design and implement interventions.
It is important to honor the work already done and the existing team and build on the Chapter’s history of utilizing creative ways to meet the needs of the communities it serves. Building relationships of trust with the various communities and constituencies that often comprise and influence the Chapter’s work while effectively navigating a complex political landscape is important.
HOW TO APPLY
The Arizona Chapter National Safety Council and the Search Committee invite applications for the position of President of The Arizona Chapter National Safety Council. All inquiries, nominations and expressions of interest are confidential and are to be directed to the search consultant. While the position is open until filled, applications received by the soft deadline of October 8, 2017, are guaranteed full consideration.
A complete application includes (email transmissions strongly encouraged):
• Chronological resume
• Letter of interest aligning experience with the Position Profile
• References (6 minimum to include direct telephone and email)
Sheila Lehker, Senior Vice President
Cizek Associates, Inc.
2415 East Camelback Road, Suite 700
Phoenix AZ 85016
The Arizona Chapter National Safety Council is an EEO/AA employer to include protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. The Arizona Chapter National Safety Council is diverse and inclusive and encourages interest from all protected class applicants.
|HOW TO APPLY
|To prevent spam, free registration is required in order to view job application information on Nonprofit Careers. If you've already registered, login to view details.