CHIEF OPERATING OFFICER
SENIOR SERVICES OF SOUTHEASTERN VIRGINIA
||Multi-Service Community Agency
||Sep 19, 2017
||Executive (VP/Senior VP/etc)
|The Chief Operating Officer (COO) will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for all SSSEVA programs and will manage a group of program directors. The COO will provide leadership to the strategic planning process and will implement new programmatic strategic initiatives. In addition, the COO will: provide coordination for senior management team; serve as liaison to SSSEVA’s partners; and work with the Board of Directors to keep them abreast of programmatic strategies and challenges.
The COO will partner with The Chief Financial Officer (CFO), and other department directors, and will be responsible for developing, implementing, and managing the operational aspects of the annual budget. Finally, the COO will cultivate existing relationships with public and private funders. The COO will report directly to The Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
• Partner with The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and work collaboratively with a high-performance management team.
• Provide effective and inspiring leadership by being actively involved in all programs and services, developing a broad and deep knowledge of all programs.
• Identify opportunities for SSSEVA to leverage cross-program strengths to take advantage of new opportunities and/or to address organizational challenges.
• Lead, coach, develop, and retain a high-performance senior management team with an emphasis on developing capacity in strategic analysis and planning and program budgeting.
• Develop and implement training programs and retreats to expand the capacity of all staff.
• Prepare and submit an annual operational budget, manage effectively within this budget, and report accurately on progress made and challenges encountered.
• Ensure the continued financial viability of SSSEVA’s operational units through sound fiscal management.
• Manage and cultivate existing relationships with funders to secure and expand recurring revenue streams.
• Publicly represent SSSEVA with the media and external constituency groups including community, government, and private organizations and build excitement for SSSEVA’s mission.
• Provide programmatic leadership and input for all strategic plan implementation processes with the CEO and staff. Coach program directors as they implement the strategic plan and transition program operations.
• Develop and implement a system for tracking and reporting on the progress of the strategic plan implementation.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Knowledge in the field of aging, of related program developments, of available resources, and of legislative action affecting older persons.
• Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach a senior-level staff to manage and develop high-performance teams and develop and implement program strategies.
• Deep experience in program budgeting and fiscal management.
• Track record of effectively leading a direct service organize with a complex array of programs with the ability to leverage strengths across program areas; excellent project management skills.
• Analytic and decisive decision maker with the ability to prioritize and communicate to staff key objectives and tactics necessary to achieve organizational goals.
• Ability to point to specific examples of having led organizational transformation projects and program development.
• Past experience managing human resources function including personnel, compensation, and recruiting.
• Unwavering commitment to quality programs and data-driven program evaluation.
• Fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent public speaking skills.
• Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, flexible, and innovative approach to operational management.
• Passion, humility, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in such fields as Public Administration, Business Administration or related fields required, Master’s Degree preferred.
• Five (5) years full-time paid employment in the area of public administration, of which one year must have been in working in senior program management.
For More Information, Visit: www.ssseva.org
|HOW TO APPLY
|To prevent spam, free registration is required in order to view job application information on Nonprofit Careers. If you've already registered, login to view details.
Register/Login View More Jobs